01 of 07
A Quick Look
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is a Riviera Maya luxury all-inclusive hotel. It appeals to upscale travelers who know the difference between a very good resort and a great resort.
Zoetry is the top-tier hotel brand in the AMResorts family, which includes Secrets, Dreams, Now, and Sunscape. Zoetry is a true luxury hotel. It has been awarded the rare AAA Five Diamonds.
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is tucked along the Caribbean beach of Mexico's Riviera Maya, the vacation region just south of Cancun. (The resort is only 20 minutes from Cancun's airport in Puerto Morelos, formally considered part of Cancun.)
What Makes Zoetry Riviera Maya So Special?
Zoetry is among the Riviera Maya' two or three best all-inclusive resorts and there are many. Zoetry Riviera Maya is distinguished in numerous ways:
- The resort is managed by amResorts but owned by a prominent Mexican architect who spends nearly half his time in residence. So Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is not only visually beautiful, it has that owner-on-premises attention to detail
- Not a single one of this all-inclusive's meals, in three restaurants, is a buffet; all dining is a la carte and cooked to order
- While the resort is not strictly adults-only, youngsters pay full rates, so they are few
- Perhaps as a consequence, Zoetry is low-key and quiet, with a tranquil resort vibe
- Service is solicitous and efficient at Zoetry Riviera Maya. You'll experience swift check-in by a multilingual staff, knowledgeable concierge service, and dependable housekeeping.
- Every one of its 90 suites is oceanfront (not merely ocean-view). How is this possible? Zoetry is laid out horizontally across a very wide beach. This contrasts with most Riviera Maya resorts, which tend to be set perpendicular to the beach, with only a narrow beachfront and very few rooms on the actual beach.
- Filled with parrots and other tropical birds, Zoetry's Bird Lounge sitting area is an extraordinary nature experience. It is overseen by two Spanish speakers: jungle parrots named Makita and Pancho. With its free wifi, the Bird Lounge is one of the most pleasant places you'll ever work on your laptop.
Connect With Zoetry Riviera Maya
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita
Carretera Chetumal, Cancun Km. 328|
Bahia Petempich, Puerto Morelos
Quintana Roo, Mexico, 77580Continue to 2 of 7 below.
02 of 07
Would You Like Zoetry Riviera Maya?
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita may be the right Riviera Maya hotel for you if:
- You seek an absolutely top-tier Riviera Maya resort
- You will appreciate being only 20 minutes (but a world away) from Cancun Airport
- You like all-inclusive pricing
- Being near the water isn't enough; you want to be right on the beach
- You'll like being at a quiet, low-key resort that hosts mainly couples
- You want a hotel with an in-house spa and are curious about thalassotherapy
- You'd love a hotel with complimentary golf privileges
Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita may not be your ideal Riviera Maya hotel if:
Continue to 3 of 7 below.
- You want the greater options (social, recreational, culinary) of a bigger resort
- You're opposed to all-inclusive pricing
- You want a Riviera Maya resort that caters to kids
- You have a deathly fear of iguanas (these large, gentle lizards live on the property and gobble crumbs from outdoor dining tables)
- You're planning a scuba vacation and need a dive shop on-premises
03 of 07
Zoetry's hotel brand, amResorts, calls its all-inclusive policy "endless privileges." All Zoetry guests enjoy:
- A la carte dining and top-shelf liquor "on demand"
- 24-hour room service
- Free international phone calls (!)
- Maid service three times daily
- Early check-in and late checkout if available
- Private transfers from and to Cancun airport
- Spa freebies like a hydrotherapy pool, a temazcal (Mayan sweat lodge), sauna, steam, etc.
- Greens fees at Grand Coral Golf Course
Zoetry guests may upgrade further with enhancements focusing on spa, romance, golf, and more.Continue to 4 of 7 below.
04 of 07
Every one of the 90 suites at Zoetry Riviera Maya faces the beach a stone's throw from the surf. Suites are just a few minutes' walk from the restaurants, pool, etc. The suites in "Group 2" are ideally perched away from hotel activity but still a very quick walk to everything.
Suites are set in two-story villas. Most are very spacious one-bedroom suites, with a large living room, a good-size bedroom, and a royally appointed bathroom. Ground-floor suites are preferable, with private plunge pools and an ample patio. A few suites have two bedrooms.
Guest tip: upstairs suites have a smaller balcony and no pool; get a ground-floor suite.
Zoetry Riviera Maya suites are romantic and opulent, yet completely tasteful. We'd describe their look as Beverly Hills luxe: polished stone floors, plaster lions' heads; wrought-iron lights; and sumptuous beds and couches sheathed in jacquard velvet and leopard print.
Zoetry bathrooms are huge and palatially appointed. They have cool stone floors, marble countertops, rich adobe-colored walls, and lamps and sconces to suit a castle. There's a walk-in rainfall shower and a stone bathtub bigger than many hot tubs. Towels and robes are ultra-plush, and Bulgari toiletries are generously sized. The separate closet area is enormous.
Entertainment options include two large-screen TVs with satellite channels, an iPod dock, and DVD player (with movies available from reception).
Suites in this all-inclusive resort have a mini fridge filled with soft drinks and beer. Suites also offer a pod coffeemaker, a bottle of rather sweet Baja Californis, Mexico bubbly delivered daily, and a "welcome amenity" of a good-sized bottle of premium tequila. Welcome, indeed.
What You Don't Get
Zoetry suites lack a couple of things:
Continue to 5 of 7 below.
- The in-room wifi signal is wavering at best
- If the suite's fruit bowl doesn't call out to you, you won't find any munchie-type snacks in your suite, as in most all-inclusives
05 of 07
Dining and Drinking
Dining is a highlight at Zoetry Riviera Maya. Restaurants are beautiful, with indoor-outdoor dining and outstanding Mexican-accented food that is healthy and light. All dining is a la carte, without a single buffet in sight.
Zoetry's elegant fine-dining restaurant is La Canoa. It prepares "Cuisine de los Soles" (Suns), using an array of Mexican ingredients. The restaurant requests that guests forego jeans and flip-flops.
Kaax serves light, delicious fare with Mexican flair, three meals a day. The atmosphere is tropical and the food is wonderfully fresh.
The outdoor Sushi and Ceviche Bar prepares these low-cal seafood bites made to order in front of you. The sushi and ceviche fish is fresh-caught in surrounding Caribbean waters.
El Chiringuito is an outdoor grill that is sunny by day and moonlit by night. It serves seafood, chicken, and beef cooked over mesquite and zapote wood. The house style is to cook meat well-done.
Two bars make handcrafted cocktails like daiquiris and margaritas (from fresh-squeezed lime juice at your request). Hippo's Pool Bar is outside, and the frostily air-conditioned Library Bar indoors. Zoetry's wine cellar features thousands of bottles. Some are included with room rates, while others carry a surcharge.
Private Dining and Room Service
Private dining is available in venues like a chef's table, a wine cellar, and at a "deuce" set up at the end of the resort's pier. Some of these options are under the all-inclusive umbrella, some not.
Zoetry room service is 24 hours, with no additional charges. One dependable Zoetry pleasure is breakfasting on sweet Mexican rolls and inky coffee on your suite's terrace overlooking the Caribbean.Continue to 6 of 7 below.
06 of 07
Spa, Fitness, and Wellness
Zoetry Riviera Maya sees itself as a wellness resort. The resort's health, fitness, and recreation options are in fact impressive.
Zoetry's Thalasso Center & Spa was the first certified thalassotherapy center in North America, with a hydrotherapy circuit, saltwater pool, and "aquagym." This sparkling, 22,000-square-foot facility offers:
- A wide range of treatments, from classic European facials and massages to body treatments utilizing "regenerative technology"
- Individual and couples' treatments
- Multi-treatment spa packages
- A fitness room, yoga, exercise, meditation, and t'ai chi
- Consultations with experts in hydrotherapy, nutrition, Chinese medicine, and more
- Spa services are not part of the resort's all-inclusive plan
Zoetry Riviera Maya's sleek fitness center is in the spa building. This crisply air-conditioned room offers a range of new equipment: cardio, weight-training, stretching, "aquagym,". Guests can participate in yoga, Pilates, and various fitness classes at no extra charge.Continue to 7 of 7 below.
07 of 07
Things to Do
Some Zoetry guests arrive hoping to do nothing at all except laze in their suite's plunge pool, beside the resort's pool, or under palapa umbrellas on the sugar-sand beach. Other guests hope to try everything. There's quite a bit to do at this resort.
No-fee activities on-property at Zoetry Riviera Maya include:
- Wine and tequila tastings
- Afternoon tea service
- Soaks in the saltwater Thalassotherapy pool
- Lessons in Spanish (hola) and Mayan (bixabel)
- Classes in cigar-rolling and pottery-making
- Tennis (racquets are provided)
- Watersports including snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing, kayaking
- A sail in the resort's catamaran
- Boat trips to the nearby village of Puerto Morelos
- Musical performances and art shows
Riviera Maya options that Zoetry's concierge can arrange for an additional fee include:
- Tours and excursions to the Mayan ruins at Tulum and Chichen Itza
- Trips to nearby waterparks like Xcaret and Xel-Ha
- Scuba lessons and certification dives
- Snorkel and scuba trips to the Riviera Maya's coral reef (the world's second-longest)
- Snorkeling and diving the Riviera Maya's mysterious cenote caves
- Fishing charters
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary services for review purposes. While it has not influenced this review, TripSavvy believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our Ethics Policy.