- Zain Deane an award-winning freelance travel writer who has written article Puerto Rico for travel, lifestyle and fashion magazines including the Miami Herald, Michelin, and Unseen Cuba.
- Deane has published several guidebooks for tourism to Puerto Rico, Mexico, and southern Florida including "Great Destinations: San Juan, Vieques & Culebra" and "San Juan, Vieques & Culebra: An Explorer’s Guide."
Zain Deane is a former writer for TripSavvy who wrote travel articles about Puerto Rico, Florida, and Mexico for nearly eight years. Deane's family has visited family in Puerto Rico most of his life and published numerous articles and guides about the island based on his travels.
In 2006, Zain formed Writers' Bloc, Inc., a freelance writing company focused on the travel and financial services industries. Since then, Zain has written three guidebooks: Great Destinations: San Juan, Vieques & Culebra, published in November 2007, Backroads and Byways of Florida, published in January 2009, and Great Destinations: Mexico City, Puebla & Cuernavaca, published in November 2009.
Deane has also published travel articles covering destinations such as Karachi, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Sydney, and many cities in the U.S. He travels frequently to Puerto Rico on writing assignments or to visit his family. He is a bilingual English and Spanish speaker and an award-winning fiction writer whose short stories have been published in national literary journals.
Deane graduated with honors, earning a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations from Tufts University.Awards and Publications
- "Unseen Cuba, Unseen Pictures"
- "San Juan, Vieques & Culebra: An Explorer’s Guide"
- "Great Destinations Puerto Rico: San Juan, Vieques & Culebra"
- "A Refreshing Nighttime Tour of Puerto Rico's Capital"
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.