Each year, Zagat publishes the Zagat Guide to Miami Restaurants that critics around the world recognize as an authoritative source. In this year's guide, Zagat researchers named several Miami restaurants as tops in specific categories.
Zagat Survey MethodologyZagat's survey methodology relies upon experienced restaurant reviewers who live in the area they evaluate. They use the familiar Zagat 30-point scale to evaluate each establishment on four criteria:
Zagat's Miami RestaurantsFor the full details, you'll need to purchase the Zagat Guide. In the meantime, here are a few of their top picks to help whet your appetite! If you like these Zagat picks, you may also want to look at my opinions on the matter in Top Ten Miami Restaurants.
- Most Popular: Joe's Stone Crab banks upon its reputation as a Miami landmark and an outstanding knack for preparing stone crabs to make it a success.
- Best Service, Décor and Food: Palme d'Or in the Biltmore Hotel of Coral Gables topped the list in all of these categories, making it one of Miami's must-visit restaurants.
- Best Breakfast: The Zagat reviewers felt that Wish on South Beach serves up Miami's best breakfast. It's located inside The Hotel at 801 Collins Avenue.
- Best Chinese: Near the top of the list was one of my favorite places in Miami: Tropical Chinese (located near Tropical Park) which serves up the area's best dim sum experience.
- Best View: Azul, located in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel on Brickell Key offers the best view of Biscayne Bay. Be sure to read my review of the food before visiting!