Flowers are blooming. Everybody has a lighter pep in their steps. Baseball season is back in action. But if you're not a baseball fan, there's so much more happening in April in Chicago if you plan on visiting.
• Average High Temperature: 57°F (14°C)
• Average Low Temperature: 39°F (4°C)
• Average Precipitation: 3.5"
What To Wear
• Boots or galoshes to keep your feet warm and dry because it rains a lot.
• Dress in layers because Chicago weather can be unpredictable. It’s also notorious for dramatically dropping or increasing in temperature by 20 degrees or more in one day.
• Don’t forget a lined spring coat, as well as sweaters and scarves.
• The weather should be finally warm enough to explore outdoors during one of the many walking and biking food tours.
Hotel Packages for Weekend Fun
- Book A Splash & Crash Weekend Party. The chic Acme boutique hotel offers comfort, rock ‘n’ roll style and affordable prices. Its new Splash & Crash weekend package is for those who dig the idea of skiing, but would rather skip the cold--and slopes. It consists of an overnight stay in five standard rooms, plus the Bunny Slope lounge rental for two hours with $250 worth of drinks and a private bartender. There's also a Hair of the Dog package that comes with Advil, burgers, and Gatorade. There's also a hot tub in the Bunny Slope lounge, which is certain to take the party up a notch or two. It's for groups up to 18 people.
- Club and Suite Retreat. The glorious Langham Chicago is ideal for a romantic rendezvous, especially because your package allows you a spectacular view of the Chicago River. The best way to experience the Langham is to book a minimum of two nights in one of the club level rooms or suites. That'll allow access to the club lounge, where guests get a complimentary daily breakfast for two, evening cocktails, VIP amenity, personalized butler service and hotel credit of $100 per day. That may be used toward spa treatments and parking.
- Family Fun Package. Because of the infamous Roof cocktail lounge, most folks think of theWit as a party hotel. It's also very family friendly as it offers a family fun package and is close to many attractions (Art Institute, Goodman Theatre, Chicago Symphony Center). Included in the package is breakfast for four, premium wifi and late checkout.
- Jamaican Staycation. When it's way too hot to indulge in an authentic Jamaican vacation, this may be the next best thing. Hard Rock Hotel, located right off the Magnificent Mile, offers a Jamaican-inspired staycation year-round, beginning with a platinum room upgrade with breathtaking views of the city. The package also includes $20 credit for the Jamaican-focused Mr. Brown's Lounge (where guests may dine, drink and listen to live Jamaican music), 50 percent off the hotel's valet parking and samples of Mr. Brown's Lounge signature jerk sauce and recipe cards to take home.
- Very Important Pups Package. Thompson Chicago's newest program features a premium service that pampers your pooch. It comes with branded food and water bowl, dog toys and bandana upon check in. There are also customized dog bones, dog bed, shopping passes for 15 percent off at the Tails in the City pet boutique and a "Pets in the City" guide to Chicago.
- Buckingham Fountain (turns on in mid-April)
- Chicago Dance Month
- Chicago Latino Film Festival
- Chicago International Movies and Music Festival
- Chicago Chef Week
- WhiskyFest Chicago