These lodgings are located along California Highway 41, and are most convenient if your Yosemite stay centers on the south side, the Wawona area or the Mariposa Grove of giant sequoias. It's about an hour's drive from Fish Camp to the Yosemite Valley.
Over 1.5 hours from the valley via winding CA Hwy 41, the town of Oahkurst is too far away to be the best place to stay on your Yosemite vacation. It does have more amenities than the properties closer to the park, including grocery stores, movie theaters and restaurants. If you decide to stay there, our guide to finding a place to stay will help you choose your lodging.
Highway 41 Hotels
- Tenaya Lodge : This beautiful lodge is one of the Yosemite area's prettiest places to stay. Check visitor reviews and compare rates at Tripadvisor
- Narrow Gauge Inn : This cute little inn has 26 non-smoking rooms, and allows pets with an extra fee. They also have an onsite restaurant.
- White Chief Mountain Lodge : A small, cozy property with non-smoking rooms.
Highway 41 Bed and Breakfasts
- Big Creek Inn : With only 3 guest rooms and located just two miles from the Yosemite entrance, the Big Creek Inn is bound to fill up early, so try to book your stay as soon as you can. Breakfast is included in their rates, and internet access is available at no extra cost.
- Tin Lizzie Inn : They have a suite, a cottage and a carriage house with all the modern amenities.