The thought of comfort is so pervasive at Yardbird Southern Table and Bar in Las Vegas that you almost forget it's not socially acceptable to lick those fingers. Yes, you’ll want to experience every last drop of flavor but please refrain from getting too comfortable.
Find a couch in the front and chill out and you’ll soon find yourself thinking about unbuttoning that top button. No naps allowed but the lounge area will make you want to hang around longer.
Big portions, friendly people, and a good atmosphere are the recipe for success.
- Cuisine: comfortably southern
- Reservations: recommended
- Price Range: moderate
- Attire: Casual
- Address: Venetian Las Vegas, 3355 Las Vegas Blvd
Quite simply the food is the right combination of comfortable yet complicated. The flavors are so precise that you know someone back in the kitchen knows exactly what to do. It’s not like they are just pouring a waffle into a waffle maker and coming out with some incredible cheddar cheese masterpiece that is only elevated by the bourbon maple syrup. While the menu options may seem like the classics you really love, it is definitely not the simple way you are accustomed to having it.
The portion shares are huge so plan on sharing a dish or two with your dinner guests.
What to Try
These are a few of the delicious dishes featured at Yardbird. But keep in mind, menu items are always subject to change.
- Chicken ‘n’ watermelon ‘n’ waffles – If all you ate was the watermelon you still might say that it is the best meal you have had in Las Vegas. Spicy and citrusy only to help empower the flavors in the fried chicken that is so good it will make you weep.
- Short rib and grits – This feels like fancy picnic food in the best way possible. The charred corn is worthy of a mention because it holds its own against the short ribs that just slide off the bone.
- The Fried Catfish is going to make you want to start trying that trick where you put your hand in a hole and try to pull out a big fish. Don’t do it, just order it here and try not to think about unhealthy fats. This is so good you have to believe it is bad for you. This catfish must be a sin.
- The Smoked and roasted bone marrow is what you'll want to start spreading on your crispy toast each and every day except your doctor will inform you that your numbers are not looking good.
- The Butter lettuce and grilled mango salad might be the beginning of the end of your marriage because this is a dish you won't want to share.