The thought of comfort is so pervasive at Yardbird Southern Table and Bar in Las Vegas that you almost forget that it is not socially acceptable to lick those fingers. Yes, you’ll want to experience every last drop of flavor but please refrain from getting too comfortable. The truth is when you sit down to supper the menu is already explaining to you that it feeds more than one so you know it will be hearty enough to use your fingers.
All I am suggesting is that you refrain from licking those said digits.
Find a couch out front and chill out and you’ll soon find yourself thinking about unbuttoning that top button. No naps allowed but the lounge area makes me want to stick around longer. Big portions, friendly people and a good atmosphere is a recipe for success.
Yardbird Southern Table and Bar
Venetian Las Vegas
3355 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
See Yardbird Southern Table and Bar website
Cuisine: comfortably southern
Price Range: moderate
Sun 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Mon - Thurs 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri & Sat 11:00 AM - 1:00 AM
How’s the food
Quite simply the food is that right combination of comfortable yet complicated. I say complicated because the flavors are so precise that you know someone back in the kitchen knows exactly what to do. It’s not like they are just pouring a waffle into a waffle maker and coming out with some incredible cheddar cheese masterpiece that is only elevated by the bourbon maple syrup.
They know what they are doing so while it may seem like the stuff you really love it is definitely not the simple way you are accustomed to having it.
You should know that the portion share huge so you will be sharing a thing or two so get friendly with your dinner guests.
What You Should Try at Yardbird Southern Table and Bar:
- Chicken ‘n’ watermelon ‘n’ waffles – If all you ate was the watermelon you still might say that it is the best meal you have had in Las Vegas. Spicy and citrusy only to help empower the flavors in the fried chicken that is so good it will make you weep.
- Short rib and grits – This feels like picnic food and by picnic I mean a big party where chefs are making the food and I am wearing fancy middle of the day clothing. The charred corn is worthy of a mention because it holds its own against the short ribs that just slide off the bone. If you can find a soft roll I am positive that a short rib sandwich stuffed with grits would be a slice of the Promised Land.
- Fried Catfish is going to make you want to start trying that trick where you put your hand in a hole and try to pull out a big fish. Don’t do it, just order it here and try not to think about unhealthy fats. This is so good you have to believe it is bad for you. This catfish must be a sin.
- Smoked and roasted bone marrow is what you should spread on your crispy toast each and every day except your doctor keep telling you that your numbers are not looking good.
- Butter lettuce and grilled mango salad might be the beginning of the end of my marriage. So I didn’t want to share. The mango was mine. The pecans, mine. Get your own damn salad!
Still searching for the right place for a meal in Las Vegas? I can help:
Go back to Restaurant home
Find The Best Restaurants In Las Vegas
77 Places for Cheap Food in Las Vegas
Breakfast in Las Vegas
100 Restaurants in Las Vegas
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy