Where is WorldFest in Louisville?
The annual festival is held on The Belvedere in downtown Louisville. The location looks over the Ohio River. It is on the riverfront between 4th and 6th streets in downtown Louisville. It is an elevated event space near Galt House Hotel.
When is WorldFest in Louisville?
The event and the surrounding celebrations are held over Labor Day weekend. Visiting and looking for more to do in and around Louisville?
Check out the links below.
- Top 10 August Events
- Top 10 September Events
What is WorldFest in Louisville?
WorldFest is one of the region’s largest international festivals. If you attend, you will experience four days of international food, music, dance, culture, and education. Of course you can come and go as you please so some people pop downtown for one event while other families attend every day of the festival. It is a Labor Day weekend tradition on Louisville’s Belvedere, located in the heart of downtown.
- A World of Performances: It is estimated over 90 artists perform at WorldFest. That is a lot of live music! Expect to see and hear continuous music on three stages throughout the event. It is a hub of local and international talent.
- A World of Cuisine: If you like to try new foods, be sure to arrive at WorldFest hungry. There will be dishes from from nations around the world including Germany, Thailand, Jamaica, Ethiopia, and more. It is a perfect spot to introduce family members to international dishes.
- Shop Around the World: Many WorldFest visitors attend each year to buy clothes and handmade crafts. Pick up gifts, or products for yourself, from Africa, Asia, Europe, and Central and South America. If you love market shopping, remember to stop at Flea Off Market sometime as well.
- The Parade of Cultures: An annual event, taking place on the second day of the festival, the parade is a celebration of heritage. Local and regional residents don their native dress to honor their home countries. There are individuals representing nearly every culture in the world. The event is heightened with music and performances from a variety of artists. These performances complement the experience.
- The Naturalization Ceremony: It is a touchstone of the festival to have hundreds of people take their U.S. oath of citizenship. Coordinated by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the ceremony is typically held at the Galt House Hotel. It is a patriotic experience for everyone, including spectators.
- Global Village: Presenting culture and customs of more than 22 countries, the Global Village of WorldFest brings an international experience to one spot.
- Kid's World of Discovery: On Saturdays and Sundays, from noon until 6 p.m., FREE activities for kids are provided. Arts and crafts along with games are introduced. (Are you looking for more free things to do with the family? If you are, check out this list: Free Things to Do in Louisville)
Fun fact about Louisville's community: Louisville, Kentucky has become more culturally diverse over time. In the public school system—Jefferson County Public Schools serves the city of Louisville—a minimum of 90 different languages are spoken. In addition to that stunning fact, over 50 percent of the city’s population growth over the past 15 years has come from international residents. There are a lot of immigrants in Louisville! WorldFest is an opportunity to learn more about the world outside of Louisville, while also gaining insight into the customs and cultures of many who currently call Louisville home.
It's a way to celebrate our city and the global village we live in.
How much does it cost to attend WorldFest?
Admission to WorldFest is free all four days of Labor Day weekend. Of course, you'll probably want to bring money to purchase food and items.