In 10 tree-lined city blocks, shoppers can find some of Central Florida’s best shopping, with everything from high-end footwear and designer lingerie to fine wines and pooch-friendly pastries. National retailers like Restoration Hardware, Ann Taylor and Pottery Barn share sidewalk space with locally owned boutiques along Park Avenue in the heart of Winter Park. Three blocks west, historic Hannibal Square dazzles with its own collection of glitzy stores.
Dining is part of the fun, with open-air cafes including Luma on Park, Park Plaza Gardens, 310, Pannullo’s and Bosphorus. And the second Thursday of each month is “Thursdays on Park Avenue,” with many shops open until 9 p.m. with discounts and complimentary cocktails, and Enzian’s free Popcorn Flicks in Central Park.
Winter Park Shopping Highlights
- Chocolate Connoisseur - Velvety truffles and other goodies whipped up on the spot. 513 Park Ave. S. 407-622-1166.
- Golf Allmighty - Get your swing analyzed, create custom clubs, or play a round with the simulator. 501 Park Ave. S.; 407-273-2362.
- Restoration Hardware - This domestic-goods mecca has room after room of high-end housewares, from fluffy bath towels to sofas and lavender-scented laundry detergent. 400 Park Ave. S.; 407-622-1050.
- Vino! - Wines from around the world fill the shelves, conveniently separated by price range—and there’s friendly advice on vintages. 500 Park Ave. S.; 691-0304.
- Doggie Door - See what the best-dressed pooches are wearing, and accessories you can only imagine—from chi-chi dog bowls to rhinestone collars (and gifts for their owners, too). A bakery case of doggie treats keeps best friends of all sizes barking for joy. 356 Park Ave. S.; 644-2969.
- Island Collection - Leave the country without a passport when you step inside. Unusual furniture and accessories for island-style décor. 333 Park Ave. S.; 407-644-0844.
- Cigarz on the Avenue - Some of the best smokes in Central Florida. And you’re welcome to sit and puff on a stogey. 33 Park Ave. S.; 407-647-2427.
- Pottery Barn - Two floors of housewares, with everything from plastic tumblers to floor rugs and bathroom accessories. 329 Park Ave. S.; 629-7446.
- Partridge Tree - Packed with hostess gifts, holiday ornaments, candles and other goodies. 316 Park Ave. S.; 407-645-4788.
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier - Oh, those chocolate-covered strawberries (in season) and there’s always a sample of chocolate-covered popcorn for noshing. 300 Park Ave. S.; 407-644-3200.
- Apenberry’s - High-end garden shop, with everything from the latest lawn furniture to the perfect stone bench and neat things to accessorize your outdoor space. 199 E. Welbourne; 407-644-5909.
- Williams-Sonoma - Fabulous finds from around the world, including specialty food, cookware, linens and more. 142 Park Ave. S.; 628-5900.
- Solstice Sunglass Boutique - Luxury sunglass store, including Gucci, Chanel and Christian Dior—and you can try on any pair. 102 Park Ave. S. ; 407-647-4509.
- Flower Market - Pick up a fresh bouquet or something fun and faux floral. 155 E. Morse; 629-1197.
- Fairy Tales - A dream come true for little ones, stocked with toys, gifts, bedding, furniture, art and accessories. 102 Park Ave. N.; 407-539-0374.
- Douglas Cosmetics - Huge selection of cosmetics and fragrances, and plenty of “beauty advisors” to help you shop. 200 Park Ave. N.; 407-629-9333.
- Caswell-Massey - As “America's Original Perfumers” (established 1752), Caswell-Massey is a treasure trove of luxurious scents, toiletries, hard-to-find accessories and great gifts. 234 Park Ave. N.; 407-647-2455.
- Timothy’s Gallery - More than 300 artists and craftsmen are represented, including about 150 jewelry artisans. 239 Park Ave. N.; 407-629-0707.
- Bliss on Park Avenue - Shoppers do a double take when they stroll past Park Avenue’s Bliss. The flower shop’s windows are splashed with brilliant blooms, and there’s a subtle scent of gardenias and orchids from the open door. But it’s all faux. 300 Park Ave. N.; 407-539-0550.
- Golden Rabbit - Knock-off designer handbags, faux designer jewelry and plenty that glitters. 340 Park Ave. N.; 407-644-8717.
- Olive This, Relish That - From vintage olive oils to martini glasses and pastas and sauces, this is the spot for gourmet to go. 342 Park Ave. N.; 407-644-1966.
- The Paper Shop - Cozy little shop carries everything from fine stationery to hostess gifts and Kate Spade accessories. 545 N. Park Ave.; 407-644-8700
- Downeast—Orvis. Come here to load up on Polo shirts, silk ties, even fishing gear. 538 Park Ave. S.; 407-645-5100.
- Gap - The mother lode of T-shirts, jeans, blazers, boxers, you name it, that spans generations. 400 Park Ave. S.; 644-9311.
- Shou’ture - Shoe fanatics can’t pass this storefront without stopping in. And you get a free pedicure with every purchase. 339 Park Ave. S.; 407-647-9372.
- J. McLaughlin - Preppy clothes, resort wear (yes, they have ribbon belts). 348 Park Ave. S.; 407-644-9629
- Nicole Miller - A stunning collection of the designer’s creations. Shoes too. 312 Park Ave. S.; 407-628-0400.
- Bebe’s - Too-cute clothing for little ones, from christening gowns all the way to teen-age designer togs. 311 Park Ave. S.; 407-628-1680.
- Tuni’s - Hip fashion boutique with haute couture, handbags, shoes. 301 Park Ave. S.; 407-628-1609.
- John Craig - Fine men’s clothing with personal service. 132 Park Ave. S.; 407-629-7944.
- Lingerie Collection - From bras to bustiers, pjs to panties, the best of the best (just ask Oprah, her picks are here, too). 163 E. Morse; 407-622-0443.
- Lily Pulitzer - Chic boutique with Lily’s signature splashy colors and understated elegance. 118 Park Ave. N.; 407-539-2324.
- Ann Taylor - Updated classics for young women. Everything from party dresses to business suits and shoes to match. 126 Park Ave. N.; 628-5600.
- Talbot’s - Classic clothing for women, with a whole separate shop for petites and clothes for kids, too. 180 Park Ave. N.; 407-628-6444.
- Jacobson’s - Department store with designer shoes, women and men’s clothing and home accessories. 210 Park Ave. N.; 407-539-2528.
- Auke - Owner Auke Hempenius is often on hand to help men select the finest clothing, including his own designer label. 316 Park Ave. N.; 647-5007.
- Shooz on Park Avenue - Mephisto and Nota Bene shoes are just two of the lines in this high-end store with styles designed for comfort. 303 Park Ave. N.; 407- 647-0110.
Hannibal Square, a historic neighborhood two blocks west of Park Avenue, is a growing collection of shops and restaurants. Dine at Dexter’s, Chez Vincent or Hot Olives, or stop for espresso and sweets at Ballard & Corum.
- Bella - Well-chosen, real-world clothing for women, stocking everything from jeans to evening wear. 550 W. New England Ave.; 407-644-6522.
- Duncan Ferran - Interior decorating services and great browsing in this showroom full of beautiful things. 558 W. New England Ave.; 407-622-6900.
- Fettish - A girl can never have too many shoes, and Fettish has a great selection. Also belts and bags to coordinate. 433 W. New England Ave.; 407-645-0050.
- Florida Frame House - Florida Frame House has been framing art for 50 years. The shop carries a lovely collection of original art and sculptures. 425 W. New England Ave.; 407-645-0054.
- tugboat & the bird - Children’s stores featuring infant and children’s clothing, accessories, furnishings and the most fun baby gifts imaginable. 433 W. New England Ave.; 407-647-5437.
Hot Olives Market - Gourmet baskets, hostess gifts and to-go food for an impromptu picnic in nearby Central Park. 433 W. New England Ave.,; 407-629-1029.