About WIMCO, Top Luxury Villa Rental Agent
WIMCO – The West Indies Management Company -- is a leader in the full-service vacation rental business in the Caribbean, Europe and Hawaii. Sometimes the company is referred to as "WIMCO St. Barts."
The private homes WIMCO represents, called “villas,” often provide more space, privacy and value than if one were to stay in a hotel.
• As an example: a family renting a four-bedroom villa in the Turks & Caicos islands gets a private pool, full kitchen and dining room, and lots of private indoor and outdoor space…something you can’t match for the price in most luxury hotels or resorts
• See all the ways a luxury villa may beat a luxury hotel
WIMCO Has Deep Roots in the Caribbean
Established in 1983, WIMCO is headquartered on St. Barths in the Caribbean and in Newport, RI. The company has been honored in publications such as Condé Nast Traveler, Forbes, and Fortune.
On the small but lively French Caribbean island of St. Barths, WINCO is knowns as Le Grand Hotel.
• It represents over 300 private luxury villas that can be rented by the week (and nearly 1,000 bedrooms)
• On an island where the largest hotel has only 60 bedrooms, WIMCO is a natural choice for many vacationers.
WIMCO’s concierge team on St. Barths offers 24/7 service to guests throughout their stay.
Guests can send a text or call their concierge, and have breakfast delivered, arrange restaurant reservations, boat charters, babysitters and activities.
Where WIMCO Luxury Villas Are Located in the World
Besides its hundreds of properties on St. Barths, WIMCO represents private luxury villas in other luxury travel destinations including:
• Beach regions such as Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos islands, Grand Cayman, and Mexico's Punta Mita and Los Cabos, and Grand Cayman
• Seasonal hotspots like St Barths in the Caribbean and St. Tropez in France,
• Scenic islands lie Sicily; Sardinia; Santorini in Greece; Maui, Oahu, and Nantucket in the U.S.
• Caribbean islands of Anguilla, Barbados, Nevis and the Virgin Islands of Virgin Gorda, St. John, Tortola, St. Thomas
• Historic rural regions such as Tuscany and Umbria in Italy; Provence in France
• City apartments in London, Rome, Florence, Venice, and Paris
What WIMCO Luxury Villas Are Like
WIMCO's luxurious villas are hand-picked for their location, amenities, and charm. WIMCO’s villa specialists venture out annual to inspect the portfolio and update their product and destination knowledge. Every conceivable style of villa is represented, historic, modern, minimalist, deluxe. Clients will find:
• One-bedroom designer cottages and rambling, multi-bedroom estates
• Balinese-style beach bungalows and architect-designed waterfront contemporaries
• Mountain chalets and lakeside palazzos
• Vintage European farmhouses and sleek urban suites
WIMCO Villas Are In Great Shape
WIMCO goes to great lengths to assure that all their villas:
• Are aesthetically lovely
• Have new or renovated kitchen and bathrooms
• Are spotless and include regular maid service
• Are furnished with comfortable furniture, high-end décor and contemporary kitchenware
• Are scrupulously landscaped and maintained
• Provide scenic views wherever possible
• Offer privacy, security, and quiet
• And a convenient location
How WIMCO Luxury Villa Rentals Work
WIMCO’s clients typically consult the company's comprehensive website as the first step in researching which villas may be available in a particular destination or country.
• A phone conversation or online chat with a knowledgeable WIMCO villa specialist ensues
• The client sometimes requests additional villa photos , maps and other information about the villa and its surroundings
• Every question is answered and every concern addressed
WIMCO Villas Typically Rent by the Week
WIMCO is known its high standards in selecting villas and vacation homes. and for its knowledgeable and seasoned staff of villa specialists
WIMCO’s villas are usually rented on a weekly basis. Rents change seasonally; during low season (May to November in the Caribbean), WIMCO offers lower rates and deals like free-night promotions. • An example: Caribbean villas for as little as $100 per bedroom per night, in the U.S. Virgin Islands
What WIMCO Luxury Villa Rentals Include
Service inclusions and villa amenities vary from house to house and from destination to destination. • Clients can count on full concierge travel service before their trip :
• Pre-trip travel services: booking flights, rental cars and boats activities, restaurant reservations. private chefs, babysitters, masseurs, trainers, etc.
• Planning sports outings and lessons in scuba, snorkeling, sailing, fishing, golf, tennis
• Personal shopping for groceries, liquor, etc.
• Arrival transfers from the airport to the villa in the Caribbean islands
• Clients vacationing in Europe are given detailed directions, and are met at the villa itself
• At the destination, concierge-style local info and advice
WIMCO's Specialty: Luxury Villas on St. Barths in the Caribbean
The company truly stands out for its thorough devotion to St. Barths, the Caribbean's glamorous French isle.
On St. Barths, WIMCO operates WIMCOsbh, a dedicated concierge services company. Its St. Barts-based staff arranges and executes every imaginable experience for its clients.
• WIMCOsbh plans and micro-manages all aspects of clients' vacation, and delivers an exceptional experience as a result
To stay connected with its St. Barths villa clients, and to help them connect with other like-minded travelers, WIMCO hosts a cocktail party every Monday in a popular waterfront bar in the island's capital, Gustavia.
How & Where to Begin Your WIMCO Villa Vacation
Thinking about a WIMCO villa vacation on St. Barths, or anywhere in the world?
Here's where to get started.
• WIMCO's website
• On Instagram
• On Facebook
• On Twitter
• WIMCO travel blog
• By phone: 800.449.1553 in the U.S., 0870-850-1144 in the U.K. or 401-849-8012 from anywhere else
• By email
• Get a free copy of Vendôme Guide to St. Barthelemy, a photo book featuring WIMCO villas on St. Barths
• St. Barths' official travel site