The primary Oklahoma City airport is called Will Rogers World Airport, named after the famous humorist and Oklahoma native. Located in southwest OKC, it is one of the busiest in the state, accommodating about three and a half million passengers a year. Commercial airlines at Will Rogers average about 75 departures per day and provide daily non-stop service to 19 destinations.
Location & Directions:
Will Rogers World Airport is located southwest of downtown Oklahoma City with convenient access from both I-40 and I-44. You can find a detailed map of the area with specific driving instructions from all arrival directions right here on About.com OKC.
Parking & Transportation:
There are five parking options offered in several conveniently located lots.
- Long-term shuttle lots cost $5 a day.
- Semi-covered long-term shuttle lots are available for $6.
- A 5-story covered garage costs $7 a day.
- Remote shuttle lot is $4 a day.
- And hourly parking costs $1 per hour with the first hour of the first day provided free of charge.
Due to security precautions, the following parking regulations are in effect:
- Vehicles cannot be left unattended within 300 feet of the terminal.
- Unattended vehicles will be ticketed and towed.
- Parking and waiting for arriving passengers is no longer allowed directly in front of the building; however, two cell phone waiting areas are provided. Meeters and greeters can wait at these locations free of charge until their passenger calls them for pickup.
Will Rogers has terminal facilities near the baggage claim area for car rental companies Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. But all of the major Oklahoma City car rental companies have airport service available from off-terminal locations.
Layout & Amenities:
The airport consists of two levels and an extended terminal area with 17 gates. On the 1st level are rental car desks, baggage claim areas and airline baggage claim offices. On the 2nd level, you'll find the airline ticket counters, security checkpoints, a newsstand and a coffee shop.
After passing through the security checkpoints into the terminal, passengers have access to a number of amenities including:
- Cross Grain Brewhouse
- The Redbud Lounge
- Restaurants such as Sonic, Schlotzky's, Salt Lick Barbeque, Cafe Oklahoma, Moe's Southwest Grill and Route 66 Grille
- Retail areas with collectibles, Native American jewelry, sportswear, Oklahoma products and more
Airlines & Flights:
Will Rogers World Airport has commercial service from the following Airlines:
Search flights into and out of Oklahoma City, check rates and book your flight online.
Lost & Found:
Did you lose something in the airport, on an airplane or in a car you rented at the airport in Oklahoma City? Get detailed information on Lost and Found at Will Rogers World Airport.
Traveling to Oklahoma City? Consider some top hotels near the airport. Among them:
- Courtyard by Marriott
- 4301 Highline Boulevard
- Ramada OKC Airport North
- 2200 S. Meridian
- Hampton Inn
- 4333 SW 15th Street
- Embassy Suites
- 1815 S. Meridian