The Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino opened in late 2009. It is owned and operated by the Gila River Indian Community. Big name concerts and shows are presented at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino Ovations LIVE! Showroom. Other lounges in the casino offer free musical entertainment on select evenings. There are dining opportunities here at all price levels, informal to upscale.
The concert venue at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino has 1,400 seats. The orchestra level may be set in different configurations (tables rounds or regular rows) depending on the show. The upper-level seats are more comfortable, stadium-type seats. In the upper level's first few rows you may be looking through glass or have the frame of the glass in your sight line.
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
5040 W. Wild Horse Pass
Chandler, Arizona 85246
Phone: 1-800-WIN-GILA (1-800-946-4452)
Where to Stay Nearby
Obviously, the closest place to stay would be at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino (read reviews and check availability at TripAdvisor). The hotel is consistently recognized as a deluxe destination, awarded recognition by AAA and other professional travel organizations.
If that doesn't work, the award-winning Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass is just down the street (read reviews and check availability at TripAdvisor).
Otherwise, one of these Chandler hotels are relatively close, but you'll need to drive or get a car service to get to the showroom.
The Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino is located just off the I-10 freeway at Wild Horse Pass Blvd. in Chandler. Here is a map with directions to the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino.
How to Get Tickets for Performances at Ovations LIVE!
All guests at Ovations LIVE! Showroom must be 21 or older. You can purchase tickets:
1. At the Gila River Hotel & Casino Gift Shop
2. Online. Check the schedule.
Discounted tickets are usually offered at the box office to those who have an active Players Club card.
Seating Chart for Ovations LIVE! Showroom
The Ovations LIVE! Showroom is located in the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino in Chandler, Arizona. It is a 1,400 seat venue, featuring nationally known performers, bands and musicians.
Back to Page 1: Location, Show Tickets, FAQ
Ten Things to Know About Going to a Show at Ovations LIVE! Showroom
I attended a show at the Ovations Showroom at Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino, and here are some tips and tidbits that might help you before you buy your tickets.
- There is no smoking in Ovations, but to get to it you'll be passing through the hotel lobby or the casino. The smoke in front of the entrance was thick when I was there, but inside it was fine.
- You may purchase beverages inside Ovations. Restrooms are there, too, so you don't have to leave the theater.
- You may purchase snacks or food in one of the casino hotel restaurants and bring it into the showroom.
- Your choice of seats is a balancing act between cost, comfort and view. The best view is on the lower level, but the lower level is basically flat so you might have issues if the person in front of you is tall. The seats on the lower level are padded folding chairs, connected. They have plastic armrests, but the drink holders are less than valuable since any flick of an arm or wrist of the person sitting next to you would send your drink flying. The upper-level seats are more comfortable, roomier, theater-type seats. Seeing over the person in front of you here is not a problem, since they are stadium-style. It is steep up there, and you'll be looking down on the performers.
- The last row on the lower level is comprised of assigned seats at a bar that extends all the way across the theatre. These would be great seats if you don't mind that people might be milling around behind you at the bar and restrooms and just standing to watch the performance.
- My favorite row for attending a concert performance here would be the 1st row in the 200s section. I can't give you the row letter, since it changes from show to show. It is raised from the rows in front of it, and no one sits directly in front of you; there is a counter on which to place drinks.
- I found that staff did not mind if people stood up in the back during the performance, as long they didn't interfere with the show or make noise.
- The staff was friendly and helpful. Although flash photography is not permitted, I didn't see them stop anyone. (I wish they would.)
- All the seats in the lower level offer a good view of the stage. There are video screens to supplement the view for the upper-level seats. Acoustics in the theater are very good.
- Although I am told that all shows at Ovations are for 21+ only, I saw children at the show. If you intend to buy tickets for children, I would ask if the age limitation will be enforced for the particular show you are interested in attending.
In general, the atmosphere here was fun and casual. I was impressed with my experience at Ovations, and I will not hesitate to return to see another show.