There are hundreds of hotels, motels, and B&B's in Niagara Falls. The most popular are clustered in the area around Table Rock - at the brink of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls - and down the road in Clifton Hill where most of the attractions, restaurants and shops are. To help you choose where to stay in Niagara Falls, here is a breakdown of the most popular hotels by area and price.
$ - Budget, $$ - Moderate, $$$ - Upscale, $$$$ - Luxury
01 of 06
Hotels with Fallsview Rooms
A Fallsview room garners top dollar though these hotels range in quality. Hotels may offer rooms with views of either the American or the Canadian Horseshoe Falls or both. Cheaper rates are available for city or river view rooms.
Don't be fooled by hotels that have "Fallsview" in their name but don't actually have the view.
In addition, be aware that websites often doctor photos of their Fallsview rooms making the Falls appear closer than they really are.
02 of 06
Hotels that Are Walking Distance to the Falls / Clifton Hill
Many hotels are located just out of view of the Falls but a short walk away. Some are in or close to the bustling Clifton Hill, where the Niagara Skywheel, Ripleys Museum, and other tourist attractions are.
- Holiday Inn, $$
- Best Western, $-$$
- Doubletree, $$, Read Review. Some Doubletree rooms offer views of the American Falls, but the hotel is not clustered with the other Fallsview hotels.
- Ramada Hotel, $-$$
- Hampton Inn at the Falls, $-$$
- Comfort Inn Clifton Hill, $-$$
- Howard Johnson Closest to the Falls & Casino, $
- Day's Inn Fallsview, $
- Quality Inn, $
03 of 06
In addition to some of the budget friendly hotels in the above category of hotels that are walking distance to the Falls and Clifton Hill, there is plenty of accommodation to suit less ample budgets. These hotels will often have shuttles to the Falls and the Casino.
- The Hampton Inn, North of the Falls offers shuttle service, has a pool and includes breakfast. $
- Red Carpet Inn & Suites, $
More budget friendly hotels can be found below in the Shopping Friendly hotels category.
04 of 06
Lundy's Lane in Niagara Falls Canada is popular for its discount shopping - the most popular spot being the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall at 7500 Lundy's Lane
Hotel rates in this area are budget or moderate rates (most under $100/night), but provide a convenient location for dropping off all those bags and packages after a big shopping spree.
The Lundy's Lane shopping district is a 5 minute drive from the Falls and Clifton Hill or a 15 / 20 minute walk.
Many of these hotels offer shuttle service to the Falls and Casino.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Niagara Falls may be famous as a destination for honeymooners or romantics, but it is just as much a draw for families with children.
- The Americana Waterpark Resort & Spa is on Lundy's Lane in the shopping district. It has a 25,000 square foot indoor waterpark, open year-round. $$-$$$
- Great Wolf Lodge, part of the U.S. chain of waterpark resorts is open year-round. $$$-$$$$
- All guest rooms have two rooms, two TVs, sink and bar fridge at Embassy Suites, $$-$$$
06 of 06
Twenty minutes from loud, bright and bustling Niagara Falls is the smaller, more charming Niagara-on-the-Lake. Known for the Shaw Theatre festival, well-landscaped gardens and heritage homes, Niagara-on-the-Lake has more smaller lodgings, like B&Bs and inns rather than chain hotels. Prices tend to be steeper than Niagara Falls.