Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products and services; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Lodging Options in Hershey
There are more than a dozen budget-friendly hotels in Hershey and the vicinity. Many properties, including popular chain hotels, are located within two or three miles of Hersheypark, and some are less than a mile from the theme park.
Official Hersheypark Resorts
There are three official resorts of Hersheypark. While they are not always close to the theme park than non-official properties, staying at one of these three properties comes with a number of advantages:
- Best price on Hersheypark tickets
- Early access to select rides and attractions one hour before the park opens
- Extra 3.5 hours of fun at Hersheypark the night before your stay. Show your next day's admission ticket at the front gate 3.5 hours prior to closing.
- Complimentary shuttle bus service to Hersheypark
- Use your room key as a credit card at many locations across town
- Free or discounted admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story's Museum Experience
- Special family activities at each resort
- Preferred pricing for buffet Breakfast At The Park with Hershey's Characters
- Opportunity to buy a Hersheypark Sweet Access Pass with VIP access to rides and more
- Ability to rent cabanas at The Boardwalk At Hersheypark
- Access to three award-winning golf courses at Hershey Country Club
Here's a snapshot of each of the Hersheypark resorts.
The Hotel Hershey
Elegant and Europe-inspired, The Hotel Hershey is the most luxurious resort in Hershey and the town's number one ranked hotel on TripAdvisor. Public areas are grand, rooms are plush, and there's a spectacular large outdoor pool with waterslides and cabanas, as well as an indoor pool and a spa that offers chocolate-themed treatments. A golf course wraps around the hotel and there are also a ropes course and nature trails.
This sprawling upscale hotel has a number of wings housing guestrooms, so ask for a room that's not too far from the restaurants and activities. There are two outdoor pool areas, an indoor pool, and a games room, plus plenty of free kids’ activities scheduled throughout the day, from crafts to pool games, and bingo. There are four sit-down restaurants and a cafe.
Hersheypark Camping Resort
You can rent a cabin or bring a tent or RV to the 55-acre Hersheypark Camping Resort. Families that stay here get the same benefits as guests at the other official Hersheypark properties.