If you're a romantic who has been wondering, "When is Valentine's Day 2019?" here's the answer: Valentine's Day falls on February 14 in 2019 — as it does every year. However, the day of the week is different every year.
Regardless of whether February 14 lands on the calendar as a weekday or a weekend, Valentine's Day is officially celebrated on that numerical day.
Valentine's Day 2019 takes place on a Thursday.
And when Valentine's Day occurs on a midweek day, many couples schedule their romantic weekend getaway for the weekend prior or the weekend after. That's when they do the major celebrating.
Some couples take advantage of a Valentine's Day Romance Package to stretch the occasion across a weekend. (These deals are very popular, so it's advisable to make hotel reservations well in advance to avoid missing out.)
When should you celebrate Valentine's Day in a year when it occurs midweek? That is entirely up to you. It's important to note that the President's Day holiday, just a few days after the romantic holiday, may interfere with romance if you choose to celebrate at a family-friendly resort. With kids out of school during the long weekend, you may find yourself amidst family travelers if you don't carefully choose accommodations.
When You Just Can't Get Away on Valentine's Day...
If you can't get away on February 14, there are still many ways to celebrate:
- A few days before, write a love letter and mail it with a love stamp or slip it into a pocket where it will be discovered
- In the morning, start by marking the actual day with a kiss and a card (a word to the wise: Valentine's Day is no time to give a jokey card, so steer clear of those in the rack)
- Did someone say breakfast in bed? If you can swing it, then back to bed!
- Text your lover during the day with some sexy thoughts
- Bring home a bottle of champagne to pour and toast your love. For something special to sip, mix up some Valentini cocktails
- Forget the diet! This is a day for delicious chocolates
- Don't stop there! If you haven't already picked out and wrapped a present, check out last-minute Valentine's Day gifts that you can pick up in a hurry
- Dress to stay indoors all night; check out top places to shop for lingerie online
- Cook a romantic meal together (or have one delivered)
- Present your sweetheart with a love coupon, good for travel (or another delight) at a later date
- Include a book of love poems with your gift and read them aloud
- Play games and get frisky instead of watching a screen. Check out these sexy games for adults
- Gift your evening a special soundtrack of classic no-fail sexy music CDs
Reciprocity for Couples in Love
Remember: Valentine's Day is for both of you. So be kind and generous, reciprocate the affection you receive, and be thankful that you are loved. While there's nothing wrong with hinting about a gift that would make your heart soar, be prepared to be gracious about whatever your love chooses to bestow upon you — even if it's only a heartfelt message.
Prepare Now for Future Bliss...
Use the table below to find out when Valentine's Day occurs on which day of the week in the future.
|Day of the Week|
Valentine's Day Roses
No gift says "I love you" on Valentine's Day like a bouquet of roses. Find out where to order roses online in time for Valentine's Day arrival, what different colors of roses mean, and what to do with those rose petals when they wilt.
Don't wait till the last minute to make your Valentine's Day plans. If you do, you run the risk of being closed out of the best romantic places to stay and/or having to settle for gifts more avid lovers have rejected. Show your love before the holiday by planning to make it extra special for the one you love.