In New England, Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of the summer travel season. But when is Memorial Day?
In the U.S., Memorial Day is always observed on the last Monday in May. The holiday honors members of the military who died in service to their country.
Whether you'll be joining the throngs of motorists headed to New England's beaches on Memorial Day or barbecuing at home, here is a handy guide to Memorial Day dates for the years ahead.
Memorial Day Dates 2018 - 2022
- Monday, May 28, 2018
- Monday, May 27, 2019
- Monday, May 25, 2020
- Monday, May 31, 2021
- Monday, May 30, 2022
Flying for the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend?
Search for cheap flights with TripAdvisor.
Spend Memorial Day Weekend in New England
New England is a memorable holiday weekend destination. Plan your visit with these helpful resources and travel ideas:
- Share a holiday weekend getaway with your four-legged best friend at one of these fantastic dog-friendly New England destinations.
- America's oldest Seaport, Gloucester, Massachusetts, has deep American roots, so spend your three-day weekend seeing the city's sights and attending the annual Memorial Day parade.
- If you haven't heard of the Last Green Valley, you're not alone. There's more to this outdoorsy, unspoiled region than most travelers realize, so if you want to avoid the beach crowds this Memorial Day, consider this alternative destination.
- Tubing on Connecticut's Farmington River is New England's most thrilling ride built by Mother Nature and the perfect activity if temperatures are steamy for Memorial Day weekend.
- Treat your family to a Cape Cod beach trip and all of the amenities of Ocean Edge Resort. With so much to do on property, you can park and stay and avoid holiday weekend traffic until it's time to check out.
- New Hampshire's Hampton Beach has all of the fun you remember from childhood days at the beach.
- Celebrate Christmas in May at Santa's Village when you take tiny Santa fans to this magical New Hampshire theme park over the Memorial Day break.
- Memorial Day's the perfect time to drive around and photograph southern Vermont's covered bridges: They're pieces of Americana that are still a vibrant part of the New England landscape.