If you want to get information about your child's school district, or if you are moving to Maricopa County and want to compare school districts for various addresses, here's how you find out to which school district your child is assigned, based on where your residence is located.
There are more than 200 school districts within the State of Arizona, and more than 50 of them are in Maricopa County.
How To Find the School District for an Address in Maricopa County, Arizona
- Go to the Maricopa County Elections website.
- If you don't already have it, download the software as requested.
- On the left side panel, click on the drop-down box for the Table of Contents. Make sure the box next to School Districts is checked. You can delete all the other checkmarks.
- In the upper right field, enter address data for the address where you want to find the the school district. Press enter.
- Your results will be returned, including the school district for that address.
How to Find the School District for an Address Elsewhere in Arizona
- Use the Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission map.
- On the left, uncheck congressional and legislative district and check the boxes for school districts.
- Enter a full address, or just a zip code, to get results. Zoom in and out using the plus and minus signs in the lower left corner.
- Click on the area where your address falls to see a pop-up showing the name of the school district.
When you know which district is yours, you can find out how that district, overall, is rated. Keep in mind that the rating may represent results of many schools, some of which are excellent performers and some of which are not.
Use the Arizona Report Cards website to compare schools within a specified radius from your home. Elementary schools, junior high schools, high schools and charter schools are all evaluated, and you can filter the results by the grade level that interests you.
Your child might be able to attend a school outside of your designated school district, but residents within that district get priority. If you want your child to attend school out of district, you may be able to get on a waiting list for the school. Contact the district where you want your child to attend a school to determine if they have such a wait list.