Oklahoma City's White Water Bay opens its summer season on Saturday. Though they're closed during the week this coming week, Saturday and Sunday hours are 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Currently, double park season passes for White Water and Frontier City are available for $69.99.
Elsewhere, this weekend...
- Admission is free for Tinker Air Force Base's "Star Spangled Salute" Air Show, held both Saturday and Sunday. See midwestcityok.org for more information.
- "Disney's The Lion King" continues at the Civic Center Music Hall this weekend. There are performances Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon and Sunday night. Tickets are available for as little as $35. Get venue and ticket information.
- Friday is National Bike to Work Day. Check your local community for events. For example, OKC has a celebration, as does Edmond.
- The Heard on Hurd street festival event in Edmond is this Saturday. It includes food trucks, live music and more. Get detailed event information.
- Carpenter Square Theater presents "Creating Claire" this weekend.
- Norman's Lions Park is the place Sunday for a Summer Breeze Concert with Jabee at 7:30 p.m.
- Riverwind Casino in Norman has a couple of big performances on its Showplace Theatre stage this weekend. On Friday, it's Ron White, and Saturday brings Mickey Gilley.
- And finally among the highlights, take the kids out to the Will Rogers Ampitheater Saturday evening from 5 p.m to 9 p.m. for Outdoorfest, hosted by Friends of Martin Park Nature Center. There will be prizes, food trucks, face painting, exhibitors, crafts and live music.
You can submit future events for publication and possible profile here on About Oklahoma City by using this form.