A benefit to visiting New Orleans in July is there are great hotel rates and packages along with, usually, a lot of specially priced summer menus at great restaurants. The Essence Festival also perks up the town in the early part of the month. Cons include the heat, frequent afternoon thunderstorms, and steep humidity making it feel even hotter.
- Average High 89°: (32°:C)
- Average Low 75°: (24°:C)
- Average Rainfall: 7.6"
What to Wear
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals
- Casual warm weather clothing
- Rain gear
- Every Thursday, Ogden After Hours Concert at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art from 6:00pm-8:00pm
- June-September, Animal Grossology at the Audubon Zoo
- Fourth of July
- Essence Music Festival
- San Fermin in Nueva Orleans or The Running of the Bulls, only our bulls are members of the Big Easy Rollergirls.
- Football games and concerts at the New Orleans Arena
- Tales of the Cocktail
- Every Thursday, Twilight Concert series at City Park.