Looking for ideas for Father's Day? The following are some suggestions for what to do for Father's Day this year in the Orlando area for 2012. Show dad how much you appreciate him for all that he has done for you.
With 99 holes of quality golf, Walt Disney World Resort ranks among America's favorite golf resorts, and as the only golf resort in the world that also offers four theme parks and two water parks, it is the premier family golf resort on the planet. This is a great Father's Day gift idea if dad is planning a visit to the Orlando area.
Special Deal: Shingle Creek Golf Club., On June 16 and 17, Dads play free at the award-winning Shingle Creek Golf Club with a full-paying family member.
More on: Golf in Orlando.
Nothing beats a day at the beach. An inexpensive, fun day for the family, a great place for friends to hang out, or someplace to go by yourself, enjoy the sun and read a good book. Here in Central Florida, we are fortunate to have several options when it comes to beaches. Want to bring along the family pet? Visit Canova Beach Dog Park in Brevard County.
RELAX AT WEKIWA SPRINGS
A little closer to home, spend the day enjoying the cool clear waters at either Wekiwa Springs State Park in Apopka where you can relax on the grassy bank, swim, or canoe down the Wekiwa River. A little further out is Blue Springs State Park in Orange City. A great father's day idea for those on a budget.
TAKE DAD OUT FOR A STEAK DINNER
Orlando has some great restaurants, especially for a great Steak Dinner. Have dad select one from the Top Orlando Steakhouse list or let him choose one of his all time favorites this Father's Day.
- Everglades restaurant at Rosen Centre - On Father's Day June 17, Dads receive a free two-course menu of Caesar salad and choice of prime rib or grilled swordfish entree ($37 value) with purchase of another entree. 5:30 - 10 p.m.
- Cafe Gauguin at Rosen Centre - Dads receive a free beer with purchase of the prime rib dinner buffet, price is $19.50 plus tax and gratuity. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Fogo de Chão - On Father’s Day, dads who dine at Fogo de Chão will receive a complimentary lunch or dinner card for their next visit allowing dad to extend the celebration a second time.
TAKE DAD OUT FOR BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH
A nice dinner out is always a great idea for father's day.
FREE ADMISSION ON FATHER'S DAY
- Harry P. Leu Gardens - Celebrates Father's Day with free admission for dads all day long, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Orange County Regional History Center - Father's enjoy free admission to the History Center on Father's Day.
- Fantasy of Flight - From June 14 through June 17, Dads get free admission to Fantasy of Flight aviation attraction with a full-priced paid guest (senior, adult or youth ticket).
See More Discounts to Orlando attractions, museums and theaters.
THEME PARK & MUSEUM SPECIALS IN JUNE
- Pirate's Dinner Theater - Free admission for fathers with one paid child's admission, June 19 – 21.
- Medieval Times - Free admission for fathers with one full paid admission, June 15 – 17, 2012. Mention code DFWEB when making reservation.
- SeaWorld - Enjoy a late evening at SeaWorld during the summer months. Pay for a day and get the rest of the year free.
- Star Wars Weekends - Fan-fest scheduled for Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during June.
- Orlando Harley Davidson - Has dad always wanted to ride a Harley? Give a gift certificate for Harley merchandise, a lesson on riding or rent a Harley for the day.
- Indy Racing Experience - Located at theWaltDisney World Speedway in Orlando. Choose an exotic car for a thrilling afternoon ride.
- Segway of Central Florida - Different paths to choose, Mount Dora or the Central Florida Zoo.
Stop in or order on-line. Select you Dad's favorite area mall and purchase a gift card that can be used at all shops within that mall. Area Malls.
HANDMADE JUST FOR DAD
Saturday Workshop for Kids and Families: Remember Dad
Saturday June 9, 2012 at the Mennello Museum, children can use printmaking techniques to create special cards for fathers, grandfathers, uncles or other favorite people. The family event runs from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and the cost is $5 per child, no charge for accompanying adult.
Activities for Kids
On-line printables and craft ideas that children can make for their dad this Father's Day can be found at ActivitiesForKids. Personalized Father's Day coupon books, bookmarks, place mat and more.
A selection of Father's Day crafts can be found at FamilyCrafts on About.com