01 of 03
Waterfront Fine Art & Wine Festival
The Waterfront Fine Art & Wine Festival is coordinated by Thunderbird Artists, known locally for their art festivals held throughout the year in Carefree, Scottsdale and other local communities.
If you have been to any other of their art and wine events, like the Carefree Fine Art and Wine Festival or the Arizona Fine Art Expo, you know that you'll find only high-quality artists represented. You won't find knitted toilet tank covers or doggie bandanas here. Does that mean that you have to be wealthy to shop? No, you don't. While you can certainly spend thousands of dollars if that works for you, you'll also find art pieces priced for less than $100. Whether you are actually shopping for a unique work of art of just browsing, the Waterfront Fine Art & Wine Festival welcomes you.
Independent artists showcase their own work and are usually available to discuss their work. Some artists will actually be working at the event. Only original works of art are on display and for sale here, covering a variety of mediums including paintings, drawings, photography, jewelry, ceramics, glass, clay, stone, copper, metal, and bronze.
2016 Featured Artist: Bronze sculptor, Nobe Babayan. Nobe’s pieces combine a contemporary style with a classical quality, designed to communicate with the viewer and elicit powerful emotions.Continue to 2 of 3 below.
02 of 03
Date, Schedule, Location, Price
Here are the details you'll need to know to attend the Waterfront Fine Art & Wine Festival in Scottsdale, Arizona.
When Is the 2017 Waterfront Fine Art & Wine Festival ?
February 10, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
February 11, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
February 12, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where Is It Located?
Scottsdale Waterfront is in downtown Scottsdale, within walking distance from Scottsdale Fashion Square. This a district of unique shops, fine restaurants and upscale living in downtown Scottsdale overlooking the canal. It is south of Camelback Road and east of Goldwater Blvd. See this location on Google Maps.
How Much Is Admission?
There is a $3 per person admission charge. Parking is free. There is a separate $10 charge for wine tasting, which includes a souvenir glass. Re-entry is permitted, so you can leave, find a nearby lunch place or go shopping at the mall, and then come back for another walk around.
Are There Any Discounts?
Not that I know of.
What If I have More Questions?
Visit Thunderbird Artists online.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.Continue to 3 of 3 below.
03 of 03
Things To Know Before You Go
These comments are made relative to my visit to the Waterfront Fine Art & Wine Festival in a previous year. In other years the setup or other arrangements may be different.
- This event takes place on both sides of Scottsdale Waterfront. It is all paved and it is an easy, circular route. You won't miss anything or have to backtrack!
- There is live musical entertainment.
- If you are interested in wine tasting, there was no map or listing of the available wines at entry. We had to walk around to see if any of the wines were interesting to us. You can purchase your wine tasting glass and tickets at the festival booth if you decide to add wine tasting to your visit.
- There are few concessions at this festival. That's because there are many restaurants and cafes right on or near the Scottsdale Waterfront where you can stop for a bite, and even dine al fresco if the weather is pleasant.
- There are several public parking lots in downtown Scottsdale that are close by. Parking is free.
- While children are welcome to accompany you, there are no activities for children here.
- Well-behaved dogs on leash are permitted.
- Bring cash for entry.
- Artists typically accept credit cards.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.