The Water Parks Fun & More pass is one of the options that Disney World guests can choose to add to a Magic Your Way ticket. The pass allows admission each day into one of Disney's fun mini parks, including:
- Typhoon Lagoon - Thrill to the tallest and fastest free-falling water slides or enjoy the splish-splashing fun of the family-friendly slides and rides.
- Blizzard Beach - Enough watery fun for the family to fill an entire day! Catch waves, snorkel with real sharks, slide and splash to your heart's content.
- Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports - Take in an Atlanta Braves spring training game or one of the many other year-round sporting events.
- Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course - Whether a beginner or experienced golfer, enjoy this 9-hole walking course.
- Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf - Fun course inspired by the Disney film, Fantasia.
- Disney's Winter-Summerland Miniature Golf - Treat yourself to one of two Santa-themed courses.
As of February, 2016, the pass... costs an additional $64 per ticket, and is a great way to save on recreation and fun for some vacationers; but a waste of money for others. Is the Water Parks Fun option worth it for your travel party? Read on and decide for yourself.
Edited by Dawn Henthorn, Florida Travel Expert
01 of 02
Get the Water Park Fun Pass:
If you are certain you will head to a water park at least once and plan on going golfing, the the Wide World of Sports or to Disney Quest, then the pass is worth buying. A single water park admission is $58 for adults, so if you are going twice, then the second visit will be almost free.
If you can't decide between Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, or if you just have to visit Shark Reef, but want to play at Disney Quest as well, then the Water Parks Fun option will save you money on recreation.
Families or groups traveling with older kids, teens and thrill riders will get the most from this pass, thanks to the high speed water park slides and the techno-thrills offered at Disney Quest.
02 of 02
Skip the Water Park Fun pass
If you are visiting Disney World for the first time, skip the Water Park Fun pass. There are so many things to see and do at the Disney resorts and the four big theme parks, you may find you don't have time to make it to the water park at all, and the $64 per ticket Water Park Pass is not refundable.
If you are planning on visiting the Wide World of Sports, but not the water parks, the pass option is likely not worth it. A single day's admission to the Sports complex is just $16.50, so it is less expensive to buy this ticket separately at the complex.
If you are traveling with infants or small kids, you may want to skip the water parks and Disney Quest entirely. Your resort pool will be just as much fun, but won't have an additional cost.
Is the Water Park ticket option something you should purchase as part of your vacation package? The short answer is "maybe." In some cases, the passes will save you money; in others, you won't get much value from this option.