Water Country USA – Williamsburg is Virginia’s largest water park featuring resort-style amenities, up-close animal encounters and more than 30 water attractions. With its close proximity to Colonial Williamsburg, Water Country USA offers families tons of entertainment, making this region a great summertime getaway destination. The water park also offers several American Red Cross programs to the community, including swim lessons, babysitting courses and lifeguarding classes.
What's New at Water Country USA?
- In May 2014, Water Country USA opened the Colossal Curl™, a new family thrill attraction, a high-adrenaline, action-packed water slide adventure. The Colossal Curl features a funnel element that will swish and swirl up to four riders aboard a cloverleaf-shaped raft before whisking them through the slide’s enclosed tubes on their way to a wave element that hurtles them high above the park. The unique combination of funnel and wave thrill elements, makes Colossal Curl the only attraction of its kind in North America.
- New in 2013, Vanish Point, this thrilling attraction supplies two ways to drop out of sight. The crest of this 75-foot tower challenges guests with two wave paths. They can step into a skybox and take a plunge when the floor drops out beneath their feet, or they can get horizontal on a 300-foot speed slide that drops them straight down as soon as they enter.
176 Water Country Pkwy, Williamsburg, VA
The water park is located at Exit 242B on I-64, just three miles west of Busch Gardens and 7 miles southeast of Colonial Williamsburg. It is approximately 150 miles from Washington DC. See a map
Ages 10 and up - $52
Ages 3-9 - $45
Children 2 & under are Free
General Parking $15, Preferred Parking $25, Valet Parking $30
A 2-Park Summer Fun Pass offers the best way to enjoy the Williamsburg theme parks.
The $99 pass provides a summer of fun at Water Country USA and Busch Gardens® Williamsburg through Sept. 2.
Water Country USA is open daily at 10 a.m. from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Closing times vary throughout the season.
Water Country USA Services and Amenities
- A surf shop and gift shop
- Seven dining establishments
- Locker rental
- Bathhouse facilities
- Complementary use of life vests and inner tubes
- Private cabanas available for rent throughout the park
- More than 1,500 lounge chairs
Rides and Slides
- Vanish Point - Epic new drop slide with two wicked-wet ways to drop out of sight. Slide Tower, 75-foot drop, nearly 40 mph, 2 Super loop slides, 2 Free-fall slides
- Aquazoid - family raft ride with an extraordinary underground finale, five water curtains, ride length of 864 feet plunges riders more than 20 feet per second
- Big Daddy Falls - white-water rafting trip is the ultimate family adventure,waterfalls, caves, “cannon blasters,” curves and drops, ride length of 670 feet, four guests ride in a family tube
- Jet Scream - four dynamic slides let rafters choose their own adventures, twisting, turning flumes, ride length of 415 feet with speeds exceeding 25 mph
- Hubba Hubba Highway - river adventure features a quick current and several action elements, largest Water Country USA® attraction measuring 1,500 feet in length and covering 3.5 acres, free-floating river ride through drenching coconuts, water-spraying effects and cool geysers
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Island’s Jammin’ Jukebox - slide tower is situated in the park’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Island section, three body slides – The Twist, The Hully Gully and The Funky Chicken – shoot from the top of this 33-foot-tall slide tower, nearly 600 feet of twisting and turning tubes, a 700-foot lazy river surrounds a 9,000-square-foot pool, younger guests can take a ride on the Little Bopper while in Rock ‘n’ Roll Island
- Malibu Pipeline - two tubes spin riders through tunnels of fun, water jets, surprising directions and waterfall exit, mostly enclosed ride length of 468 feet with a maximum drop of 55 feet, two person tube ride that recreates the experience of surfing Southern California’s Malibu Pipeline
- Meltdown - Water Country USA’s zoom flume gives guests a high-speed ride down this slide’s raging waters, three person “surf-boggan” raft ride, 180-degree turns provide the ultimate banking ability
- Nitro Racer - Families and friends blast off in a race to the finish line on this super-speed slide, ride length of 320 feet takes only four seconds to complete
- Rampage - Ultimate thrill seekers plummet 75 feet aboard “surf-boggans”
- Surfer’s Bay - catch a wave of fun in this wet and wild wave pool, largest wave pool in Virginia
- Wild Thang - two-person flume sends guests zooming through cool mists and waterfalls in a tropical setting