The Water Club by Borgata: Atlantic City's Luxury Hotel
What Is The Water Club at Borgata?
The Water Club is beautifully designed in a crisp modern style and flawlessly maintained. All rooms have Atlantic Ocean views.
The Water Club by Borgata in Atlantic City is set in the newer part of town: the marina area. It is a mile or two from the older downtown section, with the famous boardwalk and the bulk of Atlantic City's hotels.
Many Water Club and Borgata guests treat the complex as a solo destination and stay on-property. But taxis and shuttles to the boardwalk district and its casinos are inexpensive.
Where Exactly Is Atlantic City?
Atlantic City itself is just over a two-hour drive down the Jersey Shore from New York City and an hour and change from Philadelphia. You can drive, take limousine services, or a bus from New York, Philly, and other cities.
Service at The Water Club
Service at The Water Club at Borgata is variable. You may or may not get five-star hospitality service. But most staffers understand that their main job is to make guests feel welcome and cared for.
Is The Water Club Your Hotel Style?
The answer is probably yes if:
- You seek the best accommodations wherever you go
- You want to tempt Lady Luck in a glamorous casino resort
- You're hoping for a hotel with great design, comfortable rooms, excellent dining, top-name entertainment, a deluxe spa, and big indoor pools
- And a vast, tempting, high-end casino moments away at the sister hotel
- You won't run screaming if not every staffer makes you feel pampered
The answer is probably no if:
- You're hoping to bring your furry best friend to Atlantic City; this hotel lacks a pet-friendly hotel policy
Rooms and Suites
There are 800 rooms and suites at The Water Club at Borgata. They are handsomely decorated in contemporary Art Deco style. The overall effect is soothing and modern.
The color palette is sand and wood tones. Turquoise accents add flair. The room's hues reflect the subdued shades of the Atlantic Ocean and the Atlantic City skyline, as seen from a nearly entirely windowed wall.
There is ample storage in the rooms, with a pair of lowboy dressers, night tables, a desk, and a closet that could use more hangers. A full-length mirror hangs opposite the closet. The room safe is tucked into a night table.
Custom Sealy beds -- two doubles or a king -- are great sleepers.
- They feature silky, 400-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets, firm mattresses, and feather pillows
- They are topped with chunky leather pillows that make good backrests for watching the 40" Sony flatscreen wall TV
- Channel selection is basic, augmented by movies for a fee
Room Controls Anyone Can Use
The room's temperature controls are on a wall thermostat rather than buried in a TV menu accessed via remote. Further commands, such as wakeup call, can be simply programmed on the desk phone's screen.
The Bathroom Is Like a Mini Spa Suite
The bathroom is indulgent.
- It has a spacious sink area and partitioned john
- The glassed-in, stone-clad shower has a seating bench big enough for two
- The shower has a hand faucet and a pleasant rainfall spigot
- There is no bathtub in standard ("Club") rooms
- Amenities, from Lather, are packaged in two-ounce bottles worth taking home
- Towels are plentiful and plush, and there's a pair of robes (but not slippers)
- The bathroom has adjustable lighting but no makeup mirror
Above and beyond its 760 standard Club rooms, The Water Club offers three levels of suites. Viceroy (two-bedroom), Hideaway (one-bedroom), and Social.
Suites at The Water Club are full of fabulous features:
- A mini-theater: a 70-inch Sony LCD HGTV with surround-sound
- Wet bar
- Panoramic views of the ocean and bay
- Walk-in shower for two
- 24-hour butler service
- Viceroy and Hideaway Suites have a space for in-room massages
Dining, Pool, Spa, and More
There's tons to do at The Water Club other than enjoying The Borgata's glittering casino.
Dining and room service at The Water Club at Borgata are supervised by Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian and consists of global café fare at The Sunroom, also available through room service.
But The Water Club is part of Borgata, and numerous alluring, Vegas-style restaurants are mere minutes away by foot, surrounding Borgata's casino. Among Borgata's outstanding celebrity-chef restaurants:
- Izakaya, irresistible to diners who crave Japanese food. Izakaya means "grill," and executive chef Michael Schulson knows how to get flavor out of fire. Izakaya also serves sensational sushi (both traditional and creative) and various cooked and composed Japanese dishes such as soups and noodles.
Other Dining Options Nearby
- Wolfgang Puck American Grille, where California cuisine meets hearty East Coast traditions
- Bobby Flay Steak, run by the affable Iron Chef, for Northern Italian specialties, artisan pizzas, and a wine bar
- The Metropolitan, open until the wee hours, is an oyster bar that serves modern American classics and inspired breakfasts
The Glamorous Casino at Borgata
The Water Club at Borgata draws high-roller gamblers intent upon the action in Borgata's large and varied casino, with table games, slots, a race book, and a vast poker room.
The hotel's boutiques can absorb a fashionista for hours.
- Within The Water Club are a Hugo Boss shop, a Just Cavalli with racy animal-print designs, an Antica Murrina jewelry boutique, and others
- The Borgata features many more boutiques a few steps away
The Water Club by Borgata's Immersion Spa
The Water Club has its own spa, Immersion, a vast, 36,000-square-foot hushed enclave with many rooms on various levels. Features include:
- An eclectic, full-service spa menu ranging from serenity-inducing massages to rejuvenating "medi-spa" beauty treatments
- Immersion's centerpiece is an 80-foot-long lap pool in an infinity setting overlooking the Atlantic surf
The Gym at The Water Club
The hotel's gym is a large, airy space with cutting-edge TechnoGym equipment.
- Use of the gym, the lap pool, and Spa Immersion's hydrotherapy pools is not included in room rates, and the gym is not open 24 hours
- Two other pools on the lobby floor are available to all guests