During Washington D.C. Restaurant Week, more than 250 of the capital region's finest restaurants offer 3-course lunches for $22 and 3-course dinners for $35. Restaurant Week is a great opportunity to experience Washington, D.C.’s best restaurants at affordable prices. Cuisines include Contemporary American, Mexican, French, Mediterranean, Italian, Southern, Seafood, Spanish, California, Pan-Asian and more!
The event is held in the winter and in the summer.
During Summer 2017, Restaurant Week includes a new initiative designed to raise awareness about hunger and food accessibility in the capital region. Participating restaurants will team up with the Capital Area Food Bank to raise funds for the food bank’s nearly 500 food assistance partner agencies. Many restaurants will donate a portion of the proceeds earned during Restaurant Week to the food bank to provide meals for someone in need in the region.
Dates: August 14-20, 2017
Tips for Getting the Most out of Washington Restaurant Week
- Make reservations early, many of the most popular restaurants get booked up.
- Read menus and reviews (see a partial list below). Restaurant Week is a good deal at the priciest restaurants. Some restaurants offer pre-fixed menus all the time, so specials during this week may not offer as big a savings.
- Be aware that not all restaurants participating in Washington Restaurant Week offer the promotional menu at both meals. When you make your reservation, you should confirm with the restaurant that they are participating in Restaurant Week.
- When making a reservation, ask about the Restaurant Week promotion dates. A number of restaurants continue the promotion an extra week. You may be better off visiting those restaurants during the second week. Below is a list of restaurants that I know are extending Restaurant Week. There are probably more.
Restaurant Week also provides the perfect opportunity to visit many of the 2017 RAMMY Awards Finalists, who are recognized for their excellence in service and dining. Among the Restaurant Week participants, 40 are 2017 RAMMY Finalists and include:
- Centrolina (Chef Amy Brandwein nominated for Chef of the Year)
- Fiola Mare (nominated for Formal Fine Dining Restaurant, Brandon Malzahn nominated for Pastry Chef of the Year)
- Indique (nominated for Upscale Casual Restaurant and Cocktail Program of the Year)
- Whaley’s Restaurant & Raw Bar (nominated for New Restaurant of the Year)
Washington, DC Restaurant Week is produced biannually by the Destination DC and the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW). A complete list of participating restaurants is posted at www.ramw.org/restaurantweek.
Restaurant Week Extensions
To Be Announced