Gay and lesbian bars and nightclubs in Washington, D.C. are among some of the liveliest nightlife hot spots in the city. These bars are the most popular among the LGBT community and open to all. They are known as inclusive and fun gathering spots and offer a wide range of entertainment ranging from karaoke to drag shows. (Listed in alphabetical order)
Where to Go When You Visit Washington, D.C.
- The Fireplace - 2161 P Street, NW, Washington, D.C. Gay Bar & Dance Club. Located near Dupont Circle. The neighborhood bar is especially popular for its happy hour specials.
- Green Lantern - 1335 Green Ct. NW, Washington, D.C. Gay Dance Club. Located just off of Thomas Circle on the south end of the 14th St Corridor, the Green Lantern is a neighborhood favorite. The club offers daily happy hours (all night long on Monday-Wednesday), Karaoke every Sunday and Monday, a "Shirtless Men Drink Free" event every Thursday, and special events most weekends.
- JR's Bar & Grill - 1519 17th St. NW, Washington, D.C. Gay Bar. Located near Dupont Circle, this bar is especially popular for its happy hours and sing-along events. The bar hosts a wide range of events.
- Nellies Sports Bar - 900 U Street, NW Washington, D.C. Gay Sports Bar. Located in the U Street Corridor, the bar attracts a diverse crowd. The menu features burgers, sandwiches, soups, and salads. Events include Tuesday Karaoke, Wednesday Trivia and Saturday and Sunday Drag Brunch.
- Town Danceboutique - 2009 8th Street, NW Washington, D.C. Gay Nightclub. Located in the U Street Corridor, this is DC's largest gay dance club. It is a combination of a performance space, a plush lounge, and a high energy dance club. There are two floors, multiple rooms, and a 4000 square foot outdoor patio. There is a nightly cabaret-style drag show.
- Ziegfield’s Secrets - 1824 Half St., SW Washington, D.C. Gay Nightclub. Located in SW Washington, D.C. near Nationals Park, the club offers all-male nude dancers and drag shows.