Warsaw in November | Warsaw in January
December Weather in Warsaw
- Average December temperature: -1ºC / 31ºF
- December average high: 2ºC / 36ºF
- December average low: -3ºC / 26ºF
Warsaw's winter is not usually unbearable, but temperatures have been known to dip well below freezing in the coldest years.
Get more Warsaw Weather information.
What to Pack for Warsaw in December
Pack warm clothing for December travel to Warsaw.
Follow tips for winter dress, using layers to keep you comfortable as you explore Poland's capital city.
- Winter coat
- Sturdy shoes that are comfortable for walking and warm socks
- Hat, gloves, scarf
December Holidays and Events in Warsaw
All Month: Warsaw's Christmas market is a major December attraction. While the market in Old Town is more popular, another Christmas market also appears near the Palace of Culture.
On December 31st, prepare to celebrate New Year's Eve in Warsaw. Head to Old Town for the fireworks display, or spend the night celebrating in a club or restaurant.
Tips for Travel to Warsaw in December
- Old Town takes on a festive atmosphere with decorations, lights, and Christmas trees.
- In warm weather, many of Warsaw's must-see sights can be visited on foot. If cold weather prevents you from enjoying walks to major sights, use public transportation.
Book Flights and Hotels for Warsaw in December
- Hotels in Warsaw: Compare Prices
- Flights to Warsaw: Compare Prices
Eastern Europe in December
Bratislava in December | Budapest in December | Dubrovnik in December | Krakow in December | Ljubljana in December | Moscow in December | Prague in December | Zagreb in December