Welcome to The Venetian Las Vegas
One of the more unique themed casino-resorts on the Las Vegas Strip, The Venetian brings elements of Venice, Italy, to this neon desert city.
Standing across from the Fashion Show Mall and adjacent to Wynn Las Vegas, The Venetian enjoys one of the most advantageous locations on the Las Vegas Strip.
The Venetian's architecture and overwater bridges are reminiscent of the Italian city for which it is named. And the property's indoor and outdoor gondolas — those miracles of engineering — are consistently voted one of the most popular attractions in Las Vegas.
Inside, gondoliers row guests along a quarter-mile-long waterway in the shadow of The Venetian's Grand Canal Shoppes, serenading them as they sail. Couples can also take an outdoor gondola ride overlooking the Strip — or each other.
See a Guest Room
Compare Venice, Italy with The Venetian
Suites at The Venetian Las Vegas
Recently redecorated suites at The Venetian Las Vegas tempt couples to snuggle in and forgo the lures of Las Vegas (but you know you won't).
Those who want to experience extra luxury can upgrade to a concierge level suite for an additional fee. Services and amenities for 12th-floor guests include:
- Continental breakfast served from 6 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Afternoon refreshments available from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Personal assistance with travel, dinner, and show arrangements
- Movie classics on DVD to be watched en suite
- Plasma screen television (but why, oh, why is it tuned to Fox News?)
- Packing and unpacking services upon request
Check Out the Luxurious Bathrooms
Luxurious Bathrooms at The Venetian Las Vegas
Spacious marble bathrooms are among the most coveted on the Strip. And guests who stay on the concierge level can pick a customized soak from The Venetian's bath menu.
Find Out Where to Dine at The Venetian
Dining at The Venetian Las Vegas
The Venetian Las Vegas contains a range of eateries, from the casual and affordable Grand Lux Café to restaurants that bear celebrity-chef signatures.
Restaurants at The Venetian Las Vegas include:
- B&B Ristorante, the first Las Vegas-based project by chef Mario Batali and his partner, winemaker Joseph Bastianich. The second, Enoteca San Marco, features casual Italian fare such as homemade salami and artisanal handmade gelato
- Bouchon, serving French country fare and bistro classics, and Bouchon Bakery, both conceived by two-time James Beard Award-winner Thomas Keller
- Canaletto serves fresh seafood, risottos, and pasta. Its luxurious booths, handmade Venetian light fixtures, and a patio in St. Mark’s Square are made for romance
- Canyon Ranch Café, upscale health food
- The eponymous David Burke, known for presentation flair in such dishes as crisp & angry lobster cocktail and the cheesecake lollipop tree
- Delmonico Steakhouse, New Orleans style, from chef Emeril Lagasse
Getting Married at The Venetian
Weddings at The Venetian Las Vegas
The Venetian Las Vegas offers a selection of wedding packages and also has a site dedicated to Venetian Weddings.
Couples can opt for wedding ceremonies and packages that range from traditional to flamboyant to extravagant.
Unique to The Venetian Las Vegas is the Ceremony on Water, where you can exchange vows on an elaborately decorated gondola. There is also a Bridge Over the Square ceremony that provides a romantic backdrop for wedding photos.
Wedding packages at The Venetian vary in price and depend on the number of extras and upsells a couple chooses. Options include:
- Cascade or hand-tied bouquet and matching groom’s boutonniere
- Digital prints
- Wedding photo album
- Carnevale-themed musical accompaniment
- Keepsake champagne flutes
- Personalized video of ceremony
- Bridal Salon package: up-do, mani-pedi
- Canyon Ranch Spa day pass
- Chocolate-covered strawberries
- Perrier Jouet champagne gift set
- Suite upgrade, based on availability
- Breakfast in bed
To begin to plan a wedding at The Venetian or contact a staff wedding coordinator, go to Venetian Weddings.
Romance at The Venetian
Things to Do at The Venetian Las Vegas
You won't have to go far to find romance at The Venetian Las Vegas. Top draws for lovers include:
- Outdoor gondola ride at night under a blanket. The moonlight and shining stars help to guide your gondola along the Grand Canal.
- Indoor gondola ride. Legend has it that when a couple kisses at sunset underneath the Bridge of Sighs, they will be assured eternal love.
- Valentino's restaurant offers a chef’s tasting menu in a wine tower.
- Teatro La Fenice bath (in concierge-level suites). House butlers prepare the bath and provide romantic touches including candlelight, rose petals, rose-infused body oils, chocolate-dipped strawberries, and champagne for two. The butler also sets the temperature of water, sets up music, and brings drinks to your specifications.
- "Phantom" performance reconceived as a 95-minute show, including each and every song from the original Phantom of the Opera production.
Peek into the Poker Room at The Venetian
Poker Room at The Venetian Las Vegas
Of course you'll want to do some gambling while you're in Las Vegas, and perhaps you'll even be induced to try your luck in the new poker room at The Venetian Las Vegas. Should you shoot your wad, there's still plenty of ways to amuse yourself at the hotel:
- Indoor and outdoor gondola rides
- Window-shopping at The Grand Canal Shoppes indoor shopping mall (where you can find Jimmy Choo shoes)
- Guggenheim Hermitage museum, designed by world-renowned architecture Rem Koolhaas, displays works from New York's Guggenheim Museum, the Hermitage Museum in Russia, and the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, home to wax lookalikes of Tiger Woods, Elvis Presley, Shaquille O’Neal, Frank Sinatra, Beyonce, George Clooney, Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, Oprah, and others.
Scale the Wine Tower at The Venetian
Wine Tower Room at The Venetian Las Vegas
If you really want to splurge (or win big in the casino), you can have a private chef's dinner ($700 minimum) for two in Aquaknox Restaurant's wine tower, which is surrounded by a waterfall.
This table is open only to one couple per night. To avoid disappointment, make reservations, which are accepted up to one year in advance.
Chef Tom Moloney also offers tasting menus in the restaurant that range from $150-300, with customized wine pairings. A sample menu is below:
~ Appetizer Course ~
Duo of Tuna & Salmon
~ Second Course ~
Crab Watermelon Salad
~ Third Course ~
~ Fourth Course ~
Scallop & Matsutake Mushrooms
~ Fifth Course ~
Striped Bass with Fava Beans, Sugar Snap Peas, Oven Roasted Tomatoes, Capers, Champagne Citrus Butter
~ Sixth Course ~
Petite Filet Oscar
~ Seventh Course ~
Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake
The staff is also experienced in working with couples to devise elegant wedding-reception menus.
Canyon Ranch Spa at The Venetian
Canyon Ranch Spa at The Venetian Las Vegas
The antidote to late nights, rich meals, and 24/7 neon-neuron overload, the huge (69,000 square feet) Canyon Ranch SpaClub at The Venetian offers many of the programs and treatments available at the original properties in Massachusetts and Tucson.
Reservations (compare prices) and Info >
Where to Find More Info About The Venetian Las Vegas
For reservations and information:
The Venetian Las Vegas
3355 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Official Hotel Web Site
All About Las Vegas >