With both Future World and World Showcase close at hand, Epcot offers many great vegetarian meal options. Whether you prefer to grab a meal on the go or sit and dine in style, you'll be able to find some tasty menu items that fit your lifestyle.
Note: The following locations and menu choices are as of 2016, always double check the menu before ordering. Items on this list may contain dairy or eggs.
Quick Service Dining - World Showcase:
- The Tangierine Café in Morocco has some excellent veggie options, including salads, hummus and sides.
- Visit France for a variety of meat-free pastries and indulgent treats at the Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie. You can also enjoy fresh-made crepes at the crepe stand by the lagoon in France.
- Kaki-Gori (shaved ice with delectable fruit flavors) is one of the best snacks in Disney World. Its also vegan, so don't miss Kabuki Cafe on a hot summer day! You can also find a variety of packaged vegetarian treats in the Mitsukoshi Department Store. Note: If you do not read Japanese, ask about the ingredients in snacks before purchasing.
- You can get a Garden Burger at the Liberty Inn in the American pavilion, but you may have to ask for it if you don't see it on the menu.
- Bakery items in the Kringla Bakeri og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion are mostly vegetarian-friendly, but if you are in doubt, ask.
Quick Service Dining - Future World
- The Electric Umbrella offers a vegetable wrap that is tasty and filling; they also have a chicken salad that can be made without the chicken.
- Sunshine Seasons, located in The Land pavilion has many vegetarian options, including salads, stir-frys, veggie wraps and desserts. You can order items separately, or get an entree from one station and a dessert from another without waiting in line multiple times. Sunshine Seasons is a good choice if everyone in your party has different menu preferences.
- There are several snack cart locations offering pizza, ice cream and pretzels in Future World as well.
Table Service Dining:
- When you think of the Coral Reef, you probably think of seafood, but you can also order salads and a mushroom ravioli entree.
- The San Angel Inn Restaurante in Mexico has two vegetarian entrees, a large, veggie-packed salad and a wrap with sauteed vegetables and black beans instead of meat or chicken.
- Chefs de France offers several vegetarian options, including appetizers, entrees and desserts, so you can meet Remi and still have some delectable menu options to choose from. Note: The onion soup sounds vegetarian, but a server confirmed that it contains beef broth.
- The new Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria in Italy offers excellent options, with many vegetable toppings and sides to choose from. Tutto Italia has a heavy "meat" focus, so check the menu before dining at this location.
- The Tokyo Dining room in Japan has several options to choose from, including a bento box and tofu choices. While there is a tasty vegetable platter option in Teppan Edo, your food will be cooked on the same grill alongside beef, chicken and shrimp.
- If you've even ridden the boat ride through The Land, then you've seen the diverse produce grown on site. That produce is served at the Garden Grill restaurant upstairs. Vegetarian meals are available upon request at this location. This is a character dining location, so you can get an autograph while you dine.
- Restaurants in Norway, Germany, Morocco and Canada can modify dishes upon request, but do not have extensive vegetarian options.
Edited by Florida Travel Expert, Dawn Henthorn