Disney's Hollywood Studios offers more than great entertainment, you'll find great food here as well. From the fine dining at the Hollywood Brown Derby to some of the best snacks in Disney World at the Sunset Boulevard Candy Store.
During vegetarian awareness month in 2015, Disney World named the Top 10 Vegetarian Meals at Disney World. Among those named, two from Disney's Hollywood Studios made the cut.
The Grilled Vegetable sandwich (pictured above) available at The Backlot Express scored in the quick-service meal category. Served on basil asiago artisan bread and topped with cheese and sun-dried tomato pesto, it is chocked full of watercress, fresh mushrooms, red peppers, zucchini and tomato.
The Noodle Bowl served up at the Hollywood Brown Derby is almost as fancy as the restaurant. It features wok-fried coconut tofu, soy beans, sugar snap peas, bok coy and shiitake mushrooms in a red curry broth.
Note: The following locations and menu choices are as of 2016, always double check the menu before ordering. Items on this list may contain dairy or eggs.
Quick Service Dining:
- Anaheim Produce is the perfect place to pick up fresh fruits and fruit-based snacks, with plenty of other veggie-friendly offerings as well
- The Backlot Express offers both a Grilled Vegetable sandwich and a Southwest Chicken Salad that can be ordered without the chicken.
- Starring Rolls and the Trolley Car Cafe are perfect for pastries; the Trolley Car Cafe also offers some of the best coffee in Disney World.
Catalina Eddie's offers on Sunset Boulevard offers pizza and a Caesar Salad that can be ordered without the meat.
Table Service Dining:
- Not surprisingly, the finest dining location in Disney's Hollywood Studios is also the most adept at creating vegetarian dishes. Choose the tasty Noodle Bowl with crispy coconut tofu, or try the daily special when you visit theHollywood Brown Derby. This location can produce wonderful vegetarian options upon request.
- Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano has plenty to offer, including pizza, pasta and a fantastic Portobello mushroom appetizer.
- While you may think of burgers and fries when you think of the Sci-Fi Dine-In, vegetarians have several options to choose from.
- The 50's Prime Time Cafe always has vegetarian offerings on the menu, and is very accommodating about coming up with options if needed.
- Like most character dining locations, the buffet at Hollywood & Vine is packed with plentiful choices. Double check with the staff to confirm that pasta and soup offerings are really meat-free.
Heading to the Magic Kingdom as well? See our list of top vegetarian choices for the Magic Kingdom theme park.
Edited by Dawn Henthorn, Florida Travel Expert