The OMNIA Vatican and Rome Card (Buy on Viator) is a sightseeing pass for Vatican City and Rome attractions. With the card, visitors enter major sites and museums without having to wait in line. The pass includes audio-guides, tourist medical assistance, and use of public transportation and an open sight-seeing bus.
More visitors than ever are expected in Rome and Vatican City during the 2016 Jubilee year so having the card could save you from wasting a lot of time standing in ticket lines.
Sight-Seeing With the Vatican and Rome Card
The OMNIA pass includes free admission to several sights, with no waiting in line, and reduced admission with fast-track entrance to many others for a period of three days starting from the validation date (the date you first use it for any admission or transportation). For some entrances, you will need to meet at a designated place at given times, noted on the website and the information that comes with your card.
Admission and entry with no line:
- Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Vatican Gardens OR Saint Peter's Basilica
- Roman Colosseum, Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Cloister and Basilica of Saint John Lateran, Rome's cathedral, with audio-guide
- Saint Peter's Prison with audio-guide
Additional Optional Sites - the card covers admission to one site or museum and discounts on admission for any others you choose to visit from the list that includes:
- 16 archaeological sites, including Trajan's Market, Appian Way, Ostia Antica, and archaeological museums.
- Modern Museums and Galleries including Borghese Gallery (booking required), Capitoline Museums, and Castel Sant'Angelo.
- Contemporary and Scientific Museums
With the OMNIA card, visitors have unlimited use of Rome's bus and metro system by validating the pass at designated turnstiles and ticket machines (explained with the pass).
The pass allows visitors to use the Roma Christiana Open Bus by showing the pass to the driver. The buses are equipped with audio guides in 8 languages. A complete sight-seeing circuit is 1.5 hours but visitors can get off and on at any of 11 stops by major monuments and sights as often as they wish.
Also included with the sightseeing pass:
- map showing meeting points, Open Bus drop-off points, main monuments and sights, and subway routes
- Guide to what's covered with the card
- Medical assistance services with reduced price for multilingual Tourist’s Medical Assistance and free call center.
- Call center for questions or assistance with the pass
The OMNIA Vatican and Rome Sightseeing Card is operated by Opera Romana Pellegrinaggi, an organization that has assisted pilgrims arriving to Vatican City and Rome for 77 years.
Cards can be purchased online or directly at pick-up points including Termini train station and Fiumicino Airport.
Website: See Omnia Vatican and Rome for updated information about the sightseeing card, cost and what's included, and to purchase it online.