- Amy is a British-born freelance travel and lifestyle journalist who moved to Vancouver, B.C., in 2012 after falling in love with Canada's West Coast.
- Amy has a BA in Journalism, a post-graduate diploma in Magazine Journalism, and qualifications in PR and marketing.
- She has been writing about Vancouver and B.C. for TripSavvy since 2018, and she lives in Vancouver full-time. She came for the sushi and stayed for the mountains, beaches, and forests.
A native Brit, Amy moved to Vancouver in 2012 after nearly a decade of working in the media industry at home as a features editor and freelance travel journalist. During her travels around the world, she has cooked with celebrity chefs, swum with crocodiles, and hung off the CN Tower in Toronto (all scary pursuits). Amy has been a regular visitor to Vancouver over the years, having spent several summers there. Multiple personal visits and travel assignments to beautiful British Columbia convinced her to make the move.
Amy has written for a wide range of international publications, including Conde Nast Traveler, Wanderlust, Sunday Times Travel, the Guardian, Mail on Sunday (a U.K. newspaper), and Globe & Mail (a Canadian national newspaper).
Amy also writes for a diverse selection of travel clients from national tourism boards to cruise lines, hotels, and restaurants. She has been writing about Vancouver for TripSavvy since May 2018.
Amy holds a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Cardiff University in the U.K., as well as a postgraduate diploma in Magazine Studies, and qualifications in PR and digital marketing.Awards
- Winner of Best Cruise Lifestyle Feature at PSA Cruise Journalism Awards 2013.
- Shortlisted for two PSA Cruise Journalism awards 2012 and Young Travel Journalist of the Year 2011.
- Winner of Best Media Coverage at the British Annual Canada Travel Writing Awards 2011.
- Shortlisted at Travel Journalist of the Year at the 2009 Travel Press Awards.
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.