Warmer Weather and Longer Days Make April a Great Time to Visit Vancouver
Spring in Vancouver, though wet, is mild and pleasant. Spring flowers are in full bloom and people emerge from their winter hibernation to hit the streets and Stanley Park to roller blade, hike and bike.
Weather in Vancouver is much milder than in more easterly parts of the country. Whereas Toronto may still have lingering snow and cold temperatures, Vancouver in April sees daily temperatures well above 0ºC.
April Weather in Vancouver
Average April temperature:
- April daily high: 14ºC (57ºF), highest ever in April: 26ºC (79ºF)
- April daily low: 4ºC (39ºF), lowest ever in April: -3ºC (27ºF)
- Visitors can expect rain about half the days in April.
What to Pack for Vancouver in April
- Pack for a wide range of temperatures, especially if you're planning to be near the water.
- Shorts; t-shirts; long sleeve shirts, light, long pants; sandals; closed-toe shoes.
- Water-resistant wear
- Sunhat, sunscreen
- Jacket or shawl.
Vancouver in April Perks
- Warmer weather means visitors can enjoy more of Vancouver's great outdoor offerings, such as enjoying one of the city's many outside patios.
- Whale watching season is under way. Experience the thrill of watching migrating orcas and gray whales up- close-and-personal with the professional naturalists onboard one of Vancouver’s whale watching tour operators.
- False Creek inlet is the perfect spot for springtime kayaking. Take a kayak tour with Ecomarine paddlesports Centres and see seals, otters, eagles, and fish while enjoying exercise, fresh sea air and amazing views of downtown Vancouver.
Vancouver in April Cons
- Rain is just part of Vancouver's climate. Once you accept that and pack for it, move on to enjoying this great city for all its other attributes.
Vancouver in April Highlights and Events
- Vancouver Sun Run, Canada's largest and North America's second largest 10K run.
- The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival celebrates the blossoming of local cherry trees, while educating and actively engaging diverse communities in local arts and culture to celebrate the fragile beauty of the iconic Cherry Blossom.
- Playland, April until end of September: Midway rides, games and attractions plus a special place for younger kids aged 2 - 8
- Earth Day Vancouver Celebration, April 26th: Activities and events to celebrate the planet.