Impress your Valentine with a romantic outing in New York City, whether you're interested in holding hands while ice skating to watching a Broadway show together, we've put together the ultimate guide to help you plan a special day. Of course, these ideas are appropriate for other romantic occasions as well, from special vacations where you’re planning to propose marriage or anniversary getaways to show your sweetheart just how special they are to you.
Ideas for Valentine's Day Drinks
A special drink before or after dinner is always a nice treat. Here are some great places with atmosphere that will be sure to impress your special someone.
Ideas for Valentine's Day Dinner
Valentine’s day is one of the most popular nights to eat out all year long (though Mother’s Day is the most popular,) so make your reservation well in advance to avoid disappointment. Many restaurants have special menus for Valentine’s Day, so it’s a good idea to find out more about their special offerings if you have something in particular that you’re hoping to enjoy at the restaurant.
- Romantic Restaurants in New York City: If you want to go for classic romance, one of these picks is sure to please with great food, service, and atmosphere befitting a special V-day celebration.
- New York City's Best Steakhouses: For the carnivorous valentine, these New York City steakhouses are the perfect choice. The bordello inspired décor at The Strip House makes it a particularly good choice for the holiday.
- New York City's Most Expensive Restaurants: If your sweetheart loves to splurge, try one of these pricey spots and they certainly can’t complain that you were a cheapskate on Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day Events in NYC
Looking for something special to do on Valentine’s Day beyond dinner and drinks? Here are some of the unique events taking place around New York City for the holiday:
- Valentine's Dinner Cruises on the Hornblower Hybrid: Looking for a Valentine's celebration with an eco-friendly angle? Your sweetheart might enjoy a Valentine's Dinner cruise aboard the Hornblower Hybrid.
- Celebrate Love in Times Square on Valentine's Day: Vow renewals, hot chocolate, and a Valentine's heart sculpture are just some of the activities Times Square will be hosting on Valentine's Day in New York City. All the events are free and take place in Duffy Square at 46th Street and Broadway.
- Watson Adventures “Naked at the Art Museum Scavenger Hunts” : No, you won't be getting naked at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but you'll spend a fun evening with your Valentine hunting out some of the museum's works of art featuring nudes.
- Valentine's Day at the McKittrick Hotel : Fans of Sleep No More, look no further for your Valentine's Day plans! The McKittrick Hotel hosts a Valentine’s Day Masquerade Dance Party, complete with open bar, live entertainment, and guest DJs.
- Valentine's Day Cruise on World Yacht: You'll have to choose between Sweetheart and Romance Packages (add live music, champagne, and a photo) if you book a World Yacht Valentine's Day cruise, but both packages include a four-course sit-down dinner at a private table and a rose for the lucky couple.