New York City is the perfect place to impress your Valentine. You can go ice skating in Central Park, holding hands as you glide on the ice. Or perhaps your idea of fun is taking in a Broadway show together. Whether your idea of romance is, we put together the ultimate guide to help you plan a special day. Of course, these ideas are appropriate for other romantic occasions. Think proposals, anniversary getaways, or just a trip to say I love you.
Ideas for Valentine's Day Drinks
A special drink before or after dinner is always a nice treat. Here are some great places with atmosphere that will be sure to impress your special someone.
Note: Many of these bars offer special Valentine's Day cocktails or discounts. Check their websites.
Ideas for Valentine's Day Dinner
Valentine’s day is one of the most popular nights to eat out in New York City (It's a close second to Mother's Day.) Make your reservation ahead of time to avoid disappointment. Many restaurants have special menus for Valentine’s Day. Check the menu to make sure it's what you are looking for that evening.
- Romantic Restaurants in New York City: Look no further for classic romance. These restaurants offer impeccable food, service, and atmosphere.
- New York City's Best Steakhouses: There is nothing that says celebration like a steak dinner. These iconic New York City steakhouses are the perfect choice. The Strip House, in particular, is very romantic.
- New York City's Most Expensive Restaurants: If your sweetheart loves to splurge, try one of these pricey spots. She or he certainly can’t complain that you were a cheapskate on Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day Events in NYC
Looking for something special to do on Valentine’s Day beyond dinner and drinks? Here are some unique events taking place around New York City for the holiday:
- Valentine's Dinner Cruises on the Hornblower Hybrid: Looking for a Valentine's celebration with an eco-friendly angle? Your sweetheart might enjoy a Valentine's Dinner cruise aboard the Hornblower Hybrid, a ferry powered by a hybrid power train.
- Celebrate Love in Times Square on Valentine's Day: Vow renewals, hot chocolate, and a Valentine's heart sculpture are just some of the treats you'll find on Valentine's Day in Times Square. All the events are free and take place in Duffy Square at 46th Street and Broadway.
- Watson Adventures “Naked at the Art Museum Scavenger Hunts” : No, you won't be getting naked at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. But you will spend a fun evening with your Valentine hunting out some of the museum's famous works of art that feature nudes.
- Valentine's Day at the McKittrick Hotel: Fans of Sleep No More, look no further for your Valentine's Day plans! The McKittrick Hotel hosts a Valentine’s Day Masquerade Dance Party, complete with open bar, live entertainment, and guest DJs.
- Valentine's Day Cruise on World Yacht: You'll have to choose between Sweetheart and Romance Packages (add live music, champagne, and a photo) if you book a World Yacht Valentine's Day cruise. You can't go wrong with either as they both include a four-course sit-down dinner at a rose-covered private table.