Want to do something different to celebrate Valentines Day in Washington DC? Attend a concert and listen to love songs with your sweetheart. This concert schedule will be updated with additions in late January each year. Please check back for details.
- Love Songs: The Beatles - February 11, 2017, 7:30 p.m. The Hamilton Live, 600 14th St NW Washington DC.The lineup includes Veronneau, Todd Wright, Cal Everett, Tom Lofgren, Johnny Fantastic, Kristie DiLascio, Taylor Carson, John Davis, Hayley Fahey, John Trupp & more. From classics like Something, And I Love Her, and Oh Darling to early gems like All I've Got To Do and Ask Me Why, this show will remind you why the Beatles' colossal impact on music endures after half a century. Tickets: $25-75.
Maysa - February 14, 2017, 8 p.m. Howard Theatre. 620 T Street NW
Washington, DC. The historic theater will host the veteran soul and smooth jazz vocalist. She first gained fame as the featured voice on British acid jazz band Incognito’s defining `90s era hits such as “Don’t You Worry About A Thing”, “Still A Friend of Mine” and “Deep Waters.” She then launched a concurrent solo career with the hits “Am I Wrong (For Lovin’ You),” “Friendly Pressure” and “Hypnotic Love.” Tickets: $45 per person in advance, $50 day of show. Full dinner menu available, $10 minimum per person.
- Vive la France - February 11, 2017, 7:30 p.m. Rosslyn Spectrum Theatre, 1611 N. Kent Street (off Wilson Blvd.), Arlington, VA. The National Chamber Ensemble presents a Valentine's Day Concert of great French romantic virtuoso composer Camille Saint-Saens, accentuated by soaring melodies and thrilling virtuosity. NCE artists featured are: Carlos Cesar Rodriguez (piano), Melissa Dvorak (harp), Leo Sushansky(violin/artistic director), Michelle Kim (violin), Sean Neidlinger (cello). Tickets: $33 per adult, $17 per student.
- Marion Meadows - February 11-13, 2017. Blues Alley, 1073 Wisconsin Ave NW Washington DC. Marion Meadows is a saxophonist and contemporary jazz artist. Meadows’ first RCA release “For Lover’s Only” was a huge success and was followed by his ground breaking “Keep it Right There” album. His subsequent recordings include Body Rhythm (1994) and Forbidden Fruit (1996), Passion (1997), Another Side Of Midnight (1999), Next To You (2000), In Deep (2002), Players Club (2004), Dressed To Chill (2006), Secrets (2009) Whisper (2013) and Soul Traveler his current release.
- JD Souther and Special Guest Ida Jenshus - February 14, 2017. Mansion at O Street . 2020 O Street NW Washington, DC. Grammy Nominee & Songwriters Hall of Fame Inductee JD Souther author of numerous classics including "New Kid in Town", "Heartache Tonight", "Heart of the Matter", "Best of My Love", “You’re Only Lonely”, “Her Town Too” and "Faithless Love" to name a few, will be performing live at the O Museum in The Mansion. Reservations required. Tickets: $50 per person.
- Anthony Santos - February 14, 2017, 7 p.m. Echo Stage, 2135 Queens Chapel Rd NE, Washington, DC. Sway the night away with renowned bachata artist Anthony Santos as he swings through the District for the conclusion of his Bachatateame Mi Amor tour. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Santos will sing romantic ballads and soothing melodies for all of the lovebirds in the house. This show is 21+.