01 of 11
Popular Getaways for Kids and Parents Alike
Looking for vacation ideas that everyone in your family will love?
Click through for getaway ideas that are proven favorites with families.Continue to 2 of 11 below.
02 of 11
When it comes to popular family vacations, no company captures the hearts and imaginations of kids of all ages like Disney. And don't think Disney is just for kids. Grown-ups will love the relaxing resorts, fabulous restaurants, spas, golf and more.Continue to 3 of 11 below.
03 of 11
All-Inclusive Family Resorts
Families love the ease of all-inclusive, no-surprises pricing and a smorgasbord of activities for all ages. While all-inclusives are popular in the Caribbean and Mexico, it's a myth that you have to travel far to find a great all-inclusive resort. There are fabulous options in the United States.Continue to 4 of 11 below.
04 of 11
Does it make your family happy to have sun, sand and surf? These beach getaways offer kid-friendly fun and a family atmosphere.
Continue to 5 of 11 below.
- Beach Getaway Guide
- America's Best Beach Vacations with Kids
- Indispensable Beach Hacks Seen on Pinterest
- Free Printable Packing List for Family Beach Vacations
05 of 11
Cruising keeps growing in popularity as more families discover the joy of sailing and the fun-at-your-fingertips that cruise lines deliver. Every cruise line has its own personality, so it's important to do your research and find one that is a good fit for your family.
Continue to 6 of 11 below.
- Family Cruise Guide
- How to Plan a Perfect First Family Cruise
- Which Cruise Line is the Best Fit for Your Family?
- How to Save on a Family Cruise Vacation
- Cruising with Disney Cruise Line
- Cruising with Royal Caribbean
- Cruising with Carnival Cruise Lines
- What to Know About Cruising During Hurricane Season
- Free Printable Packing List for a Family Cruise
06 of 11
Are your kids nuts about nature and wildlife? Our national park system offers families a wonderfully affordable way to visit our most cherished and beautiful landscapes, view wildlife in their natural habitat, learn about geological and cultural history, and appreciate the great outdoors.
Continue to 7 of 11 below.
- Amazing National Park Vacations with Kids
- What I Spent: 8-Day RV Trip Southwest National Parks
- How to Make Your Grand Canyon Trip Even Better
- How to Make Your Yosemite Trip Even Better
- Why Utah's Mighty 5 Belongs on Every Family's Bucket List
- Why Having a 4th Grader is a Free Ticket to National Parks
- More on Family Getaways in National Parks
07 of 11
There's no better, or more affordable, way to show your kids America the Beautiful than on a family road trip, which continues to be a national rite of passage. Here's what you need to plan a car trip with kids.Continue to 8 of 11 below.
08 of 11
Well loved for their high-energy fun and thrills, theme parks are perennially popular destinations for families with kids of all ages. Like cruise lines, theme parks have their own personalities, so do your research to find a good fit for your family.Continue to 9 of 11 below.
09 of 11
Does your family love museums, sightseeing, shopping and the energy of a big city? An urban escape is just the ticket.Continue to 10 of 11 below.
10 of 11
Family Vacations in the South
Looking for a popular family vacation destination? Follow American families south to sunshine and warm temperatures. Florida and South Carolina are the top two tourism destinations, with other warm states also drawing many vacationing families.Continue to 11 of 11 below.
11 of 11
Riding the rails is not only a comfortable way for families to travel, but it lets you appreciate landscapes very differently than from the inside of a car.
- Top Train Trips in the US and Canada
- America's Most Fun and Fabulous Historic Trains