Why You Should Buy Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets in Advance
Universal Studios Hollywood offers tickets that include admission to the park, the signature backlot tram tour, and all rides, attractions, and shows. With the opening of (the wonderful) The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the park has become much more popular. It's all the more reason why you should consider purchasing tickets in advance.
Here's another reason: You'll save money.
Prices online are at least $10 less per ticket than what you'd pay at the gate. You could purchase Universal Studios Hollywood tickets at the park. But, in addition to paying more than you would online for the same ticket, you'll likely have to wait in a long line (and you'll be waiting in plenty of lines once you get inside the park). Also, if you are rushed and antsy to get into the park, you might make an uninformed, snap judgement and purchase tickets on an impulse. It's better to think things through, do a bit of homework, and purchase tickets in advance armed with the knowledge that you shopped around for the best deal.
How to Get Discounted Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets
Note that in 2016, the park introduced a flexible pricing system with different prices based on demand. Tickets cost less during less busy times such as midweek in the fall and more during high-demand times such as weekends in the summer.
Consider visiting during less busy times to both save money and to avoid huge crowds and ride lines. Regardless of when you visit, online tickets will cost less than ones bought at the gate.
- General discount tickets offer one-day admission to the park at a reduced online price. Buy Universal Studios Hollywood tickets from Viator.
- VIP Experience features an exclusive small-group guided tour through the park along with priority boarding access to all attractions and rides. It also includes reserved seating at shows, a gourmet lunch, and valet parking. Woo! Lots of extras. It's not cheap, but what a day of pampering. And with the wildly popular Harry Potter rides, Transformers: The Ride 3D, and other attractions, the lines can get crazy long, especially during busier times. Buy The VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood from Viator.
Are You Planning to Visit Other California Theme Parks?
Go Card offers a pass that includes Universal Studios Hollywood. The Go Card Select Pass lets you choose the attractions you'd like to visit on your vacation and offers discounted rates. You put together your own package and only pay for the attractions you choose. Options include Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott's Berry Farm, Legoland California, Six Flags, Pacific Park at Santa Monica Pier, Wild Rivers Waterpark, and more. Must be used within 30 days after first admission. Buy t from Go Card.
Are You Planning to Visit a Bunch of Southern California Attractions?
The Go Los Angeles Card takes a different approach than other bundled passes.
Rather than paying for one day each at a group of theme parks, this card encourages you to pack a lot of parks and other activities into each day. It includes admission to 40 attractions such as Knotts Berry Farm, Legoland California, and Aquarium of the Pacific. 3-day and higher cards include admission to Universal Studios Hollywood. Make sure that you'll be able to take advantage of enough offers to make the purchase worthwhile. The Go Los Angeles Card Web page includes suggested itineraries that include potential savings. Get more info and buy the .
Would You Need Transportation?
- Get round-trip transportation between select Los Angeles hotels and the park as well as Universal Studios Hollywood tickets from TripAdvisor.
- Get round-trip transporation between select Anaheim and Buena Park hotels and the park from Viator. (Park tickets included.)
Limited-Time Special Offers and Deals for Universal Studios Hollywood Tickets
Get the latest money-saving Universal Studios Hollywood offers, hotel package deals, discounts, and more at About.com's California Theme Park Deals page. It is updated regularly.
Universal Studios Hollywood Hotel Info
Will you be needing hotel accommodations during your Southern California visit? You could stay on-property at one of Universal Studios Hollywood two onsite hotels, or you could stay at one of the many Universal Studios Hollywood-area hotels. The park has two onsite hotels:
- Compare rates for Sheraton Universal Hotel at TripAdvisor.
- Compare rates for Hilton Universal City at TripAdvisor.
- Compare rates for other Universal Studios Hollywood-area hotels at TripAdvisor.