Universal Orlando is overflowing with visitors during Spring Break, thanks to great promotional specials aimed at families, couples, and singles — and U.S. school and college vacation schedules. Even though the parks and clubs will be packed with people, you can still have a great time at Universal Studios during Spring Break week — plan your time well and take advantage of all the parks have to offer.
Universal Studios Spring Break Tips
- Stay Onsite: One of the best ways to beat the Spring Break crowds is to stay at a Universal Orlando resort. When you stay onsite, you'll get a few extra perks, like boat shuttles to the parks and early morning access to select areas. If you stay off-site, you'll have to navigate the busy parking garages before you can even enter the parks.
- Pay to Park: If you have to drive to Universal Orlando, Spring Break is one of the times of year that it is worth paying extra for a prime parking space. The "free" garages are further away, and parking close will eliminate a lot of walking.
- Use Express Pass: Purchase a Universal Express Pass, and you'll get front of the line access to select rides. This is an added option, and there are several to choose from; it is worth spending the extra cash to drastically reduce the time you spend waiting in line.
- Guests staying at a Universal Orlando resort automatically get a pass to the front of the line at select attractions. Disney fans will note that this system is similar to, but not the same as the FastPass+ program.
- Minimize Waiting: Head for the busiest rides as early in the day as possible. Attractions like "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" won't be easily accessible later in the day.
- Use "Kiddie Switch": Universal uses a similar system to Disney's rider switch program. Parents with small kids can still enjoy the more thrilling rides and attractions at Universal by taking turns. Typically, the first parent will wait in line and ride while the second parent waits. Once the first parent is done, the second parent will advance to the front of the line and ride right away.
- Use the CityWalk Party Pass: If you're going to Universal Orlando for the clubs and nightlife, get a Party Pass, and breeze into each of the included clubs without paying a cover charge each time.
- Party Safely: If you're in Universal for the party side of Spring Break, consider staying onsite to make getting to and from the clubs easy. You should carry only the bare essentials with you when you go out. Keep a copy of your driver's license and extra cash and credit cards in your room safe, so you don't risk losing them — and missing out on the fun.