Universal Orlando's newest on-site hotel, slated to open the summer of 2016, is being built around a lush, tropical lagoon and towering waterfall. The 1,000-room Caribbean-themed hideaway evokes an easy-going atmosphere. Inspired by the picturesque rivers and waterfalls of the Caribbean, Sapphire Falls will feature traditional island styling with modern touches and amenities.
The hotel is the fifth in a line of distinctive on-site hotels at Universal Orlando, including Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, and the value-priced Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
Sapphire Falls will offer value season and summer season rates that vary per length of stay. Value season rates will begin at $120 per night for a seven-night stay and summer season rates start at $166 per night for a week-long visit. Four-night rates are slightly higher at $144 per night for value season and $193 per night for the summer season. Packages that include theme park tickets will be available.
Pros and Cons
- A stay at Sapphire Falls Resort qualifies for exclusive guest benefits, including Early Park Admission — one hour prior to theme park opening — to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and other exclusive benefits only available to those guests staying at a Universal Resort property.
- The largest (16,000 square feet) on-site zero-entry pool is a plus for those with disabilities. The pool also has a white sand beach, water slide, children's play area, cabanas and a fire pit.
- A water taxi and shuttle access will be provided to all entertainment and dining options throughout Universal Orlando Resort.
- Loews exclusive Home Sweet Loews program offers extra items that you may have forgotten to bring with you and Loews Loves Pets program that welcomes Fido and Kitty.
- A con (pun intended) will be the likely daily parking charge that all the other on-site hotels tack on. The charge hasn't been announced, but may run from $10 to $20.
Universal Orlando Sapphire Falls Resort
Adventure Way (across from Cabana Bay Beach Resort)
Orlando, FL 32819
Call toll free 800-BE.A.STAR (232-7827) or visit Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando for booking information.
Specific room amenities for Sapphire Falls have not been announced at this time.
- When completed, Sapphire Falls will have 1,000 rooms, including 77 suites.
- Valet Services
- Large 16,000 sq. ft. zero-entry pool
- Poolside Bar & Grill serving Freshly-Grilled Fare and Specialty Cocktails
- Themed Lobby Lounge with Tapas-Style Menu and Rum Tastings
- Caribbean-Inspired Full-Service Restaurant (with open exhibition kitchen and outdoor dining)
- Quick-Service Marketplace
- 24-hour Room Service
- Fitness Center