With the exception of Thanksgiving, November is one of the least crowded times of the year in Central Florida’s theme park capital. This is the ideal time for people not keen on crowds to visit Universal Orlando. You'll likely find near-perfect weather, low-season prices, a lot of deals, and relatively short lines at the rides. Later in the month, you could also be among the first to enjoy the resort’s holiday events.
Universal Orlando Weather in November
Orlando remains warm and sunny during November days, but temperatures generally drop in the evenings. With just 2.17 inches of rain, November is also the month with the lowest average precipitation.
- Average high: 78 degrees Fahrenheit (26 degrees Celsius)
- Average low: 59 degrees Fahrenheit (15 degrees Celsius)
November is the end of hurricane season in Florida. While a storm seldom threatens during this month, it is advisable to keep an eye on the tropics and the weather forecast in the days leading up to (and during) your trip. If you are traveling during hurricane season, it might also be advisable to inquire about hurricane guarantees before you book your accommodations.
What to Pack
You'll want to pack long-sleeved shirts and pants, but if you tolerate slightly cooler temperatures well, shorts may also be appropriate. Comfortable shoes are a must for those hours spent roaming the park. Heavy sweaters or other light outerwear are ideal for cooler evenings, too.
You don't necessarily need dressy clothes—if you want to visit one of Universal Orlando’s more upscale restaurants or the nightclubs at CityWalk, consider bringing resort casual attire.
Even though it's November, a bathing suit may also come in handy, particularly if you are staying at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel. Pools are heated and there is enough sunshine this month to sunbathe. Remember to pack sunscreen as Florida’s rays can still wreak havoc, even through the fall.
November Events at Universal Orlando
Universal Orlando is lively at any time of year, but especially during the month following Halloween and leading up to Thanksgiving.
- Holidays at Universal Orlando: In the middle of November, the resort undergoes a holiday transformation. You'll find both of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter lands decorated impeccably, and a special holiday show projected on Hogwarts Castle in Hogsmeade at Islands of Adventure. Other special events include Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s, a balloon- and float-filled procession at Universal Studios. Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch is the star of the Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular at Islands of Adventure, which features a live show based on the classic tale. All will take place between November 14, 2020, and January 3, 2021.
- Halloween Horror Nights: One of the nation’s premier Halloween events, Horror Nights sometimes extends into the first few days of November for one last scare. If you time your visit to coincide with the event, you'll be treated to haunted houses, scare zones, and shows. In 2020, this event was canceled.
November Travel Tips
- Save water rides like the Jurassic Park River Adventure for the warmest part of the day to avoid being wet and cold.
- The rates are generally among the lowest of the year in early November—all the more reason to stay at one of Universal’s on-property hotels: Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, or Royal Pacific. Another reason? All of Universal’s resorts allow guests entry into the Harry Potter lands before the parks open to the general public.
- Check Universal Orlando’s deals and specials for packages combining hotel accommodations and park tickets.
- Because it's still plenty warm during the day in November, the resort’s water park—Volcano Bay—remains open and busy.
- Anyone visiting the week of Thanksgiving will be faced with massive crowds and lines for rides, shows, and attractions. Learn how to skip the lines at Universal’s parks by using the resort's Express Pass program, as well as how to navigate its Virtual Line system. If you have the resources, consider reserving a VIP Experience, which gives you front-of-the-line access to all rides and shows as well as a guide to escort you around the parks.