- One of the biggest parties of the year continues this month; visitors can enjoy the Mardi Gras festivities until late April. Head to Universal Orlando for fun parades, street parties, live music and lots of beads as the Mardi Gras celebration concludes.
- More than five years ago, Universal Orlando opened not one, but two theme parks to graduating seniors as part of the yearly Grad Bash party. Grad Bash features plenty of age appropriate fun, great ride access, live music, dance parties and all the fun you can expect from a Universal Orlando party. Grad Bash is exclusively for high school seniors and chaperones.
- Spend part of Spring Break at the Universal Orlando theme parks and CityWalk clubs and you'll be part of the biggest party of the year.
Spring has arrived at Universal Orlando! Expect to see flowers in full bloom, sunny days and comfortable nights. April is a great time to experience rides with outdoor queue areas or to wander through the parks and enjoy the atmosphere before the heat becomes oppressive.
While Spring Break will bring lots of extra vacationers, to both the theme parks and the CityWalk area, the rest of the month will have average crowd levels. If you are visiting during Spring Break, be prepared to wait in line for busy attractions like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- Universal Orlando will close early some evenings for Grad Bash; if you aren't a graduating senior from a participating school, you'll need to find something else to do on Grad Bash nights.
- Take advantage of Universal's "Express Access Pass" to eliminate some of the time you'll spend waiting in line for popular attractions like the Simpsons Ride if you are visiting during Spring Break week.
- What is the No. 1 tip for surviving Universal Orlando during Spring Break? Stay at a Universal Orlando on-site hotel for quicker access to the theme parks. Universal's Express Pass is a benefit when staying at Hard Rock, Portofino Bay or Royal Pacific resorts. You will not only have easy access to the parks, but you'll be able to ride select attractions without waiting in line, a huge help during this busy time of year.
- Enjoy wet or watery rides like Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges in the middle of the day to cool off. While the days are warming up, some riders will still be hesitant to get doused, so you'll be able to speed through the lines.
Warnings and Cautions:
- Pack (and wear) sunblock even if the temperatures still feel comfortable; a bad sunburn can ruin your Universal Orlando vacation.
- If you are not attending the Mardi Gras party, avoid the food areas and parade route; they will be very crowded.
Edited by Dawn Henthorn, Florida Travel Expert since June, 2000.