Water bills can be confusing, even for long-time residents of the region. Here's an examination of the billing rates and processes used by the Miami Dade Water and Sewer Department for residents of our region.
Miami Water Rates
If you obtain your water and sewer service from Miami Dade County, you will receive a monthly bill based upon your use of water. The fees charged by the department fall into several categories and you must add them together to determine your total bill.
- Meter Charge - The meter charge is a monthly fee that depends on the size of your meter. Most homes use a 5/8-inch meter and pay a fee of $3.20 per month. Larger meters have higher fees, such as a $10.16 monthly charge for 1-inch meters, a $20.33 fee for 1.5-inch meters and a $32.51 fee for 2-inch meters.
- Water Usage Charges - You will be charged on a sliding scale based upon your usage of water. All measurement is done in increments of one hundred cubic feet (ccf).
- The first 5 ccf are charged at $0.3740 each.
- Usage from 6 ccf to 9 ccf is charged at $2.5454 per ccf.
- Usage from 10 to 17 ccf is charged at $3.1540 per ccf.
- Usage above 18 ccf is charged at $4.1705 per ccf
- Wastewater Base Charge - The base charge for residential wastewater is $3.25 per month for a 5/8-inch meter and $10.32 per month for a 1-inch meter.
- Wastewater Usage Charges - As with water use, wastewater is billed on a sliding scale:
- The first 5 ccf are charged at $1.3838 each.
- Usage from 6 ccf to 9 ccf is charged at $4.9672 per ccf.
- Usage above 10 ccf is charged at $5.0256 per ccf.
If you have a pool in your yard, you may qualify for a credit that relives you from paying the wastewater portion of your bill for the water used in your pool. See Pool Credit Request for more information.
Contact Miami Dade Water and Sewer
If you have questions about your bill or the water and sewer service provided by the department, you may contact them at (305) 665-7477 from 8AM-4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Alternatively, you may contact the Miami Dade Water and Sewer Department online.