Easter Egg Hunts and Easter Egg Rolls are a big tradition in the UK. The rolling lawn of a stately home is an irresistible temptation for Easter Egg rollers. The elaborate gardens, woodlands and deer parks are perfect places to hide Easter Eggs and chocolate treats. Here are some of the best places for the family fun of Easter weekend in the UK.
01 of 11
- When: 4-Day Easter Weekend
- Where: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1PX, England
- Telephone: +44 (0)8700 60 20 80
- What: In 2017, April 14-17, the formal gardens will host the first ever "Giant Easter Egg Hunt", plus the usual, annual Easter train, with clues, prizes and choccies. There's an Easter funfair, Punch and Judy shows, face painting, a circus workshop and more.
- Admission: Normal entrance and parking fees. A small additional charge for some activities.
02 of 11
- When: Easter weekend
- Where: Burton Agnes Hall, Burton Agnes, Driffield, East Yorkshire, YO25 4NB, UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)1262 490324
- What: In 2017, traditional Easter Egg Hunt through gardens and grounds on the April 16 and 17. The Easter Bunny will be there and thousands of eggs have been hidden throughout the woodland gardens. From April 8 to 23 there will also be an Easter Trail with prizes for solving all the clues. Sorry, no dogs in the Woodland Gardens during the Easter Egg hunt.
- Admission: Normal grounds entrance price.
03 of 11
- When: In 2017, April 14 to 17
- Where: Chatsworth, Bakewell, Derbyshire DE45 1PP, England
- Telephone: +44 (0) 1246 565300
- What: Easter events, throughout the estate, house and farmyard from April 14 to 17 in 2017. Scheduled Easter Egg Hunts four time a day all four days of the weekend in the farmyard and playground. Weather permitting, take a ride on the Easter Eggspress to track down the Easter Bunny. Spring and Easter crafts in the Oak Barn.
- Admission: Free with normal admission. There's a small fee for the Easter Eggspress .
04 of 11
Continue to 5 of 11 below.
- When: Easter Sunday, 11am - 4pm in 2017
- Where: Floors Castle, Roxburghe Estate, Kelso, Roxburghshire Scotland,TD5 7SF
- Telephone: +44 (0)1573 223 333
- What: Roxy Bear will lead kids on a Big Bear Hunt around the grounds. There's storytelling, face painting, kids crafts, a bouncy castle and a Big Easter Egg roll down the castle mound. Bring your own decorated egg to win prizes in the Easter competition.
- Admission: Gardens and grounds tickets £3.00 per child. Adults £6.50, family tickets available.
05 of 11
- When: Easter Weekend
- Where: Doe Lea, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S44 5QJ, England
- Telephone: +44 (0)1246 850430
- What: Easter Bunny trail around the house and garden and along Lady Spencer's Wood. Cadbury Chocolate Easter Egg Hunt April 14 - 17 in 2017 between 11 am and 4pm
- Admission: Children £3
06 of 11
- When: Easter Weekend, 10am to 4pm.
- Where: Castle Howard, York, North Yorkshire, England YO60 7DA
- Telephone: +44 (0)1653 648 444
- What: Easter Farm Fun at one of England's most fabulous stately homes - featured in Brideshead Revisited. Enjoy the castle's mobile petting zoo, then head off on an Easter trail to find animals who have wandered too far off the farm and win prizes.
- Admission: free with garden ticket
07 of 11
- When: In 2017 for more than half of April.
- Where Sevenoaks, Kent TN15 0RP, England
- Telephone: +44 (0)1732 450608
- What: From April 1 to 17, kids can follow the Easter trail through Knole's medieval parkland, courtyards and Orangery all free areas of the estate. Find the clues and win a Cadbury's egg before the deer do. To keep things happy, there are separate trails for 3 to 5-year-olds and 7 to 12-year-olds.
- Admission: £3 per child.
08 of 11
Continue to 9 of 11 below.
- When: April 1 to 23, 2017
- Where Longleat, Warminster,Wiltshire BA12 7NW, England
- Telephone: +44 (0)1985 844 400
- What: In 2017, ride the Longleat Railway's Easter Eggspress and stay on the lookout for "egg-celent" egg characters. They’re trying to get a message back to Humpty. Help and you can grab a tasty prize. And, from April 8 to 29, giant animatronic bugs will be taking over the main square. Marvelous Monsters is all part of a new exhibition focusing on real praying mantises in the Lonhouse.
- Admission: Included in admission to the Safari Park
09 of 11
- When: April 14 to 17, 2017 , 11am to 4pm
- Where Disley, Stockport, Cheshire SK12 2NR, England.
- Telephone: +44 (0)1663 766492
- What: Lyme Park's great explorer, Thomas Legh was a world wide adventurer. In 2017, follow his footsteps on the Cadbury Easter Hunt's Great Explorer Trail. Chocolate prizes at the end, natch.
- Admission: £2 per trail. Pick up tickets at the ticket office before heading off.
10 of 11
For several years, The National Trust and the National Trust of Scotland (NTS) have run Easter Egg Trails supported by Cadbury at hundreds of National Trust properties all over the UK. In 2017, 250 trails are combined with property specific activities, including face painting and games, over the Easter Bank Holiday. There are, naturally, chocolate prizes, provided by Cadbury, at the end of the trails.
Search the National Trust Easter Egg Trail website by post code, the name of a National Trust Property or a town to find your nearest Easter Egg Trail. Or check the National Trust for Scotland events page. The website has information on specific dates and the kinds of activities included
11 of 11
The whole of the Lake District is included in the Where is Peter Rabbit ?Treasure Trail on April 12, 2017. You need a smart phone and a vehicle to get to the starting point.
Follow a digital map to locate one of 100 handcrafted and handpainted ceramic eggs made by a local artists. Find an egg and its yours. Plus each egg has a tag naming a prize - and some of them are rather special.
The online digital map goes live at 10am on the day but you'll need the secret code to access the site. Get it by registering in advance online. Taking part costs a minimum donation of £4 per family, with proceeds going to charity.