Heading to Turning Stone Resort and Casino? Couples can drive, fly, take Amtrak, or ride a bus to reach Turning Stone, which is located at 5218 Patrick Rd, Verona, NY 13478.
Here's an overview of the transportation available and directions to help you get here:
Arrive by Car
The easiest and most direct way to reach Turning Stone is by car, as every other form of transportation also requires a taxi ride to bring you to the entrance.
- Take the New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) to Exit 33 (Verona-Rome).
- At the exit, turn left. At the first traffic light, turn left again.
- If you can spot the 19-story Tower Hotel at Turning Stone Casino Resort, you're headed in the right direction.
- For road conditions, phone 800-THRUWAY.
- If you need a rest stop right before reaching Turning Stone, turn onto the Thruway's Schuyler travel plaza if coming from the east or the Chittenango travel plaza if coming from the west.
Just for Drivers
- Free Parking. Turning Stone offers free parking to customers who arrive by car. Valet parking is also available for free, although it is customary to tip the car jockeys.
- Car Care Center. If your car is overheating, making funny noises or otherwise acting up, use the Car Care Center on Patrick Road in Verona, next to the resort. At this facility, staffed by ASE certified technicians and master mechanics experienced in both domestic and foreign vehicles, you can also have routine automotive maintenance services performed, such as an oil change. A car wash and detailing are also available.
- Gas Station. The Oneida Indian Nation operates a SavOn gas/diesel station and convenience store on the outskirts of the resort and also has other locations in Oneida and Madison counties. However, don't expect the cost at the pump to be significantly cheaper than non-Native gas stations.
Fly to Syracuse
Fly into Syracuse Hancock International Airport, which is served by Air Canada, Allegiant, American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue and United airlines. Smaller airlines operating here include Comair, CommutAir, Allegheny, Mesa, Trans States, Colgan Air, Piedmont, Chautauqua, and Shuttle America. From there, rent a car or take bus, shuttle van, or taxi (about 30 minutes) to Turning Stone Resort.
Take the Train
Amtrak trains service the nearby cities of Syracuse, Utica, and Rome. Many couples would say that taking the train is the most romantic way to travel. Two-by-two seats are wider and more comfortable than those on a bus or plane and the windows take you past landscapes you would miss on a highway. On most journeys, Amtrak maintains a café car that serves snacks, sandwiches and beverages for a reasonable fee. Wi-fi, although not powerful enough to watch Netflix, is free. Plus every car has a spacious bathroom.
Ride the Bus
A number of bus lines carry passengers to Turning Stone. These include:
- Yankee Trails from Albany
- CoachUSA Western NY from Rochester and Buffalo
- Coach USA from Syracuse, Fulton, and Oswego
- Swarthout Coaches from Ithaca
- Auto Bus from Scranton
- Shortline from Binghamton and Norwich
- Wade Tours from Schenectady
- Greyhound buses and connecting carriers bring passengers to stops in Syracuse and Utica.
Not all buses run every day, so check local carrier schedules.
In addition, charter buses operate from some locations and sometimes offer a casino or bingo bonus to arriving passengers.