Are you looking for Treasure Island Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells? In 2004, Treasure Island and two other properties merged to form one megaresort that is collectively now known as Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park.
Background: Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort was a popular indoor waterpark resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, the self-proclaimed "Waterpark Capital of the World," Wisconsin Dells is a hugely popular family destination in the Midwest.
Located in the south-central part of the state, Wisconsin Dells has a year-round population of about 2,700 and over two dozen resorts with indoor and outdoor waterparks. Nearest cities are Madison, Wisconsin, and Milwaukee.
Other area attractions include boat tours, ziplining, golf and mini golf, water sports, horseback riding, museums, and a casino. Treasure Island (now Mt. Olympus) and most of the action is located on the main strip known as the Wisconsin Dells Parkway.
Mt Olympus Theme & Waterpark Resort
Located on 300 acres, with multiple accommodations and theme parks, this is the kind of place where guests receive access to a multitude of attractions. Admission to Mt. Olympus Waterpark and Theme Park is free with your stay. You also receive a bonus day a the park on your departure day. '
Mt. Olympus comprises two theme parks and two water parks:
- Zeus' Playground (outdoor theme park) features five roller coasters, seven go-kart tracks, and several arcade-style games.
- Neptune's Water Kingdom (outdoor water park) features 13 waterslides, wave and surf pools, a lazy river, and an interactive kids' water play zone.
- The Parthenon (indoor theme park) features eight attractions, from a wild mouse-style roller coaster, bumper cars, go-karts, and other amusements.
- Medusa's Indoor Waterpark is a 55,000-square-foot indoor facility featuring five waterslides, a lazy river, swimming pool, and hot tubs.
The resort owns one main hotel and several nearby smaller motels and hotels. All are painted blue and white in keeping with the Greek theme.
This is a year-round resort with indoor and outdoor attractions. In the summer, you can enjoy the outdoor theme park and waterpark. During the winter, skiing, tubing or snowboarding is included with your stay.
Visiting Mt. Olympus Theme & Waterpark Resort
- resort guests have free access to theme and water parks
- guests can stay in theme parks three hours after public closing time
- cribs are available at no additional charge; rollaway beds are available for a fee
- wi-fi and parking are free
- pets are not allowed in the hotel rooms
- check out special offers and deals at Mt. Olympus
- read an overview at About's Theme Parks site
- the resort also features a campsite and RV park
- Edited by Suzanne Rowan Kelleher
Stay up to date on the latest family vacations getaway ideas, travel tips, and deals. Sign up for my free family vacations newsletter today!