Waste, Trash and Recycling in Yukon, Oklahoma

Yukon City, Oklahoma.
Kristi Ellis / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 2.5

In charge of trash pickup in Yukon is the Sanitation division of Yukon Public Works. Here are some common questions regarding trash pickup, bulk pickup, schedules and recycling in Yukon.

Where Do I Put My Trash

If you live within the Yukon city limits (or even in some rural areas outside of the city limits), you are assigned a green trash cart for free. The city specifically says that privately owned trash containers will not be emptied. Place your green cart curbside by 6 AM on the morning of your scheduled pickup.

What If the Cart Is Not Enough?

You can request a 2nd cart from the city of Yukon, free of charge. Do so online or by visiting Yukon City Hall at 500 W Main St. for more information.

What About Grass Cuttings, Tree Limbs, Christmas Trees or Bulk Items?

Yukon residents can dump large items such as Christmas trees for free, once a month, with a current water bill and driver's license at the Oklahoma Environmental Management Authority Transfer Station.

Is There Anything I Can't Throw Away?

Yes, certain regular household items are considered hazardous and should not be discarded with your regular trash, items such as kerosene, gasoline, lubricants, rust remover, pool chemicals, weed killers, fertilizer, pesticides, furniture polish, oven cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, drain cleaner, paint, solvent, batteries, used car oil/filters, and brake or transmission fluid.

These should be disposed of (for a fee) at the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection facility located at SW 15th and Portland. Take your driver's license and a copy of your current City of Yukon utility statement for proof of residency.

I Missed My Weekly Pickup and I Simply Can't Wait Until Next Week. What Do I Do?

Yukon offers extra pickups for a small fee. To schedule an extra pickup, contact utility billing via the website.

Does Yukon Provide Recycling Services?

The Yukon volunteer recycling center is located at 111 Ash. The facility accepts #1 and #2 plastics, steel/tin Aerosol cans (if empty), glass (except china, glassware, window glass or incandescent light bulbs), aluminum cans and food containers, paper (no phone books) and even cardboard (as long as it's not grease stained as in a pizza box). For more information on recycling, read the Yukon City's Waste Management website.

Was this page helpful?