Read more about Paris and Saint-Malo.
Tourist Office of Saint-Malo
Place General de Gaulle
Tel.: 00 33 (0)2 99 75 04 46
Located on the north Brittany coast, Saint-Malo is a delightful resort and fishing town. It’s easy to reach by Brittany Ferries from the U.K so is popular with the British who use the old port as a jumping-off point to travel further into Normandy and the coastal towns and inland delights of Brittany. Saint-Malo also makes a good round-trip through France if you start or finish in Santander in Spain, then drive up (or down) from Saint-Malo, taking in Bordeaux, the Dordogne and the Loire Valley. was originally a fortified island and still has a superb citadelle and lovely beaches nearby. It's also the place for some of the best seafood in France.
Paris to Saint-Malo by Train
TGV trains to Saint-Malo leave from Paris Gare Montparnasse (17 Boulevard de Vaugirard, Paris, 14th arrondissement) all through the day. The journey takes from 3 hrs 01 min.
Metro lines to and from Gare Montparnasse
- Ligne 4 – Porte de Clignancourt to Porte d’Orleans
- Ligne 6 - Charles de Gaulle Etoile to Nation
- Ligne 12 - Porte de la Chapelle to Mairie d’Issey
- Ligne 13 - Saint Denis/Universite et Gabriel Peri-Asnieres Gennevillers to Chatillon-Montrouge.
- For buses, see the Paris Bus map
Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport to Saint-Malo
TGV trains go from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Rennes in Brittany, taking from 3hr 10 mins. At Rennes, change on to a TER train to Saint-Malo, taking 52 mins. Total journey time is 4 hrs 12 mins.
From Lille Flandres station, there is a regular TGV service to Saint-Malo.
TER trains to Saint-Malo
There are regular TER trains between Saint-Malo and Rennes and Granville in Normandy.
Saint-Malo station is on place de la nouvelle Gare on the southern edge of the center of town.
- See the major TER services on the TER website.
Book your Train Ticket
- From the USA, book your tickets on Rail Europe
- From the UK, book your tickets on voyages-sncf (formerly Rail Europe UK)
How to get to Saint-Malo by air
Aéroport de Dinard/Pleurtuit/Saint Malo is situated 4 kms (2.8 miles) south of Dinard on D168 in Pleurtuit. It is 15 minutes from Saint-Malo and 45 minutes from Rennes by road.
Paris to Saint-Malo by car
The distance from Paris to Tours is 416 kms (259 miles), and the journey takes around 4 hours depending on your speed. There are tolls on the Autoroutes.
For information on hiring a car under the lease-back scheme which is the most economical way of hiring a car if you’re in France for more than 17 days, try Renault Eurodrive Buy Back Lease.
Short term car hire:
Getting from London to Paris
- By train (Eurostar)
Eurostar between London, Paris and Lille
- By bus/coach Eurolines offers a cheap service from London, Gillingham, Canterbury, Folkestone and Dover to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport and Paris Gallieni. Six coaches a day; 2 overnight; journey time is 7 hours. The Eurolines stop is at the Paris Gallieni Coach Station, 28 ave du General de Gaulle, just by the Gallieni metro station near the Porte de Bagnolet (Metro line 3, final stop).
Eurolines website for French travel
- IDBus also operates between London and Lille and London and Paris. IDBus also goes from Lille to Amsterdam and Brussels.