- Average maximum temp: 17ºC/63ºF
- Average minimum temp: 7ºC/45ºF
- Lowest on record: -4ºC/25ºF, Highest on record: 34ºC/93ºF
- Toronto has a short, mild spring. Visitors can expect rain about 11 days out of 31 in May.
What to Wear
- Warm, water-resistant outerwear
- Comfortable closed-toe shoes and water-resistant footwear, especially if you're going to be outside of the city.
- Sunhat, sunscreen
- A range of clothing, including t-shirts, sweaters, light pants, heavy slacks. Dressing in layers is a good idea. Daytimes can be warm, but evenings can still be chilly.
- Warmer weather means visitors can enjoy more of Toronto's great outdoor offerings, such as sitting on patios or going on a walking tour of the city.
- Springtime means the full throng of summer visitors has not yet arrived.
- Some of the most popular Toronto festivals and events are not yet under way.
Good to Know
Victoria Day is a national holiday in Canada that falls on the Monday before May 25th. Government services, schools, and banks will be closed.
Victoria Day weekend is a big travel holiday in Canada (commonly referred to as "May Two-Four Weekend"). Expect crowded highways on the Friday and Monday of this weekend and long lineups at border crossings.
Highlights and Events
- The Contact Photography Festival is a Toronto-wide event every May.
- Sante: The Toronto International Wine Festival has various events in April/May.