Below you’ll find Vancouver's top nine cruise hotels, listed in order of distance from Canada Place, the city’s main cruise terminal (pier). Vancouver has a lot of great hotels, and most of them are packed into the downtown core. Cruises from Vancouver go primarily to Alaska, but also on occasion to Hawaii and the U.S. West Coast.
Things to Know
- Vancouver also has a second, less-used cruise terminal called Ballantyne Pier. There are no great hotels near Ballantyne. If your ship departs from that pier you will need to arrange transportation from a hotel to the pier.
- Distances shown are approximate but very close; Vancouver's block sizes vary.
- Depending on the amount of luggage you have, you may want to take a cab from all but the first three listed hotels.
Pan Pacific Hotel
This hotel is literally at Vancouver's main cruise terminal, Canada Place. You just can't stay any closer than this. It won't be cheap, but it will be incredibly convenient. Just take an elevator down to the ship.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: Zero miles — you're there already!
Fairmont Waterfront Hotel
Wake up to the sight of your ship across the street. This hotel, built in the 1990s, is just across the street from Canada Place.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: Just across the street.
Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel
A luxury hotel that opened just in time for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, this hotel is a block away from Canada Place cruise terminal in easy walking distance, provided you can pull your luggage.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 2 blocks, 0.2 miles.
Days Inn Downtown Vancouver
There aren't a lot of budget choices downtown, and during cruise season the rates at Days Inn may not seem like a bargain, but compared to most of the luxury properties around this is the hotel cheap cruise passengers should consider.
- Distance to Canada Place: 3.5 blocks, 0.3 miles.
Le Soleil Hotel
An independent property in the heart of downtown, Le Soleil marches to the beat of its own drum. It's probably the most affordable of the upscale hotels near Canada Place.
- Distance to Canada Place: 4 blocks, 0.3 miles
Delta Vancouver Suites
Another Canadian chain that will be unfamiliar to most non-Canadian travelers, the Delta brand is very middle-of-the-road, but comfortable enough and often priced very mid-range.
- Distance to Canada Place: 4 blocks or 0.3 miles
Marriott Pinnacle Hotel
Just a few blocks from the cruise terminal, this hotel is one of the Marriott chain’s more stylish city properties, set in a typical glass-and-steel Vancouver high-rise.
- Distance to Canada Place: 4 blocks or 0.4 miles.
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel
This mid-range Canadian chain won’t be familiar to most American cruise passengers, but be assured it’s very nice. The property opened for the 2010 Winter Olympics and has an excellent restaurant.
- Distance to Canada Place: 6 blocks or 0.5 miles
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
- Distance to Canada Place: 7 blocks or 0.5 miles.