Below you’ll find Vancouver's top 9 cruise hotels, listed in order of distance from Canada Place, Vancouver’s main cruise terminal (pier). Vancouver has a lot of great hotels, and most of them are packed into the downtown core. Cruises from Vancouver go primarily to Alaska, but also on occasion to Hawaii and the U.S. West Coast.
- Vancouver also has a second, less-used cruise terminal called Ballantyne Pier. There are no great hotels near Ballantyne. If your ship departs from that pier you will need to arrange transportation from a hotel to the pier.
- Distance shown are approximate but very close; Vancouver block sizes vary.
- Depending on the amount of luggage you have, you may want to take a cab from all but the first 3 listed hotels.
Address300 - 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 3B5, Canada
This hotel is literally at Vancouver's main cruise terminal, Canada Place. You just can't stay any closer than this! It won't be cheap, but it will be incredibly convenient. Just take an elevator down to the ship.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: Zero Miles-you're there already!
- Worth the splurge. If proximity to the ship is important, the Pan Pacific is the place to stay.
Address900 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 3L5, Canada
Wake up to the sight of your ship across the street. This hotel, built in the 1990s, is just across the street from Canada Place. Walking distance!
- Distance to Canada Place pier: Just across the street.
Address1038 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 0B9, Canada
A luxury hotel that opened just in time for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, this hotel is a block away from Canada Place cruise terminal in easy walking distance, provided you can pull your luggage.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 2 blocks, 0.2 miles.
Address921 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6C 1M2, Canada
There aren't a lot of budget choices downtown, and during cruise season the rates at Days Inn may not seem like a bargain, but compared to most of the luxury properties around this is the hotel cheap cruise passengers should consider.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 3.5 blocks, 0.3 miles.
- Budget friendly!
Address550 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1L6, Canada
Another Canadian chain that will be unfamiliar to most non-Canadian travelers, the Delta brand is very middle-of-the-road, but comfortable enough and often priced very mid-range.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 4 blocks or 0.3 miles
- Potentially budget friendly!
Address567 Hornby St, Vancouver, BC V6C 2E8, Canada
An independent property in the heart of downtown, Le Soleil marches to the beat of its own drum. It's probably the most affordable of the upscale hotels near Canada Place.
- Distance to Canada Place: 4 blocks, 0.3 miles
Address1128 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6E 4R5, Canada
Just a few blocks from the cruise terminal, this hotel is one of the Marriott chain’s more stylish city properties, set in a typical glass-and-steel Vancouver high-rise.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 4 blocks or 0.4 miles.
Address1180 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6E 4R5, Canada
This mid-range Canadian chain won’t be familiar to most American cruise passengers, but be assured it’s very nice. The property opened for the 2010 Winter Olympics and has an excellent restaurant.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 6 blocks or 0.5 miles
Address655 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6C 2R7, Canada
Set above a shopping mall and directly above a Skytrain station connecting to Vancouver International Airport. Rooms are nice and typical of the chain.
- Distance to Canada Place pier: 7 blocks or 0.5 miles.