Visitors to Savannah have many wonderful hotel options for upscale amenities and welcoming Southern hospitality. If you are planning a visit to this alluring city and are looking for upscale accommodations in an award-winning full-service property, here are five of Savannah's best hotels to consider for your stay.
The Mansion on Forsyth Park
Address700 Drayton St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Chic and sexy, the Mansion on Forsyth Park opened in April 2005 raising the bar for Savannah's hotel scene with a creative new vibe. Built adjacent to a restored Victorian Romanesque mansion at the edge historic Forsyth Park, this boutique hotel's interior spaces are designed in an extravagant style of trendy opulence. The 126 guest rooms and suites blend lavish furnishings and appointments with upscale amenities and practical conveniences.
Housed in the original mansion building, the award-winning 700 Drayton Restaurant features an eclectic menu with locally inspired specialties. Other on-site luxuries including a tranquil spa, lovely outdoor courtyard and swimming pool, cocktail lounges or intimate bar areas and a marble rooftop patio, a beautiful ballroom, and an art gallery with over 400 original works of art. The Mansion on Forsyth is a sister property to the Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront (listed below).
The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
- This urban resort hotel complex, located on an island across the Savannah River from Savannah's Historic District, offers a tranquil setting just a two-minute ferry trip from lively River Street and the Savannah Waterfront. Most guest rooms enjoy either a River Street view or a golf course view.
Included on our list of the top resorts in Georgia, the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort and Spa features extensive amenities including an 18-hole Troon-managed championship golf course designed by Robert Cupp and Sam Snead, tennis courts with night lights, a signature Heavenly Spa by Westin, a deep water dock for marina guests, a lovely pool oasis complete with cabanas, a hot tub and more. Frequently scheduled events take place throughout the year such as First Friday oyster roasts, Sunday jazz brunch, special holiday events, family friendly programs, golf clinics and many other activities.
Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
Address102 W Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
A sister property to the Mansion on Forsyth Park Hotel and Spa (mentioned above), the 75-room Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront opened in July 2009. The hotel entrance faces West Bay Street in the heart of Savannah's Historic District and the guest rooms feature either city views or Savannah River views, some with small balconies. The unique and stylish design of this casually elegant boutique hotel recalls the 18th century maritime past blended with modern flare and luxury, featuring elements such as sculptural driftwood, contemporary original artwork, whimsical oyster shell chandeliers and antique brick.
For dining, the Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront offers a rooftop lounge and patio where visitors and locals alike enjoy small plate menu items and cocktails, scenic river views, a cozy fire pit and live entertainment. A casual restaurant on the lower level features classic Americana cuisine and Lowcountry specialties.
Address14 Barnard Street, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
- Andaz Savannah is located in Savannah's Central Historic District, steps from the lively Savannah City Market, around the corner from Paula Deen's popular Lady & Sons Restaurant, and a few blocks from Factors Walk and popular River Street. The hotel's 151 guest rooms and suites feature a fresh, contemporary design of interesting textures and a sophisticated color palette. In-room amenities include nice extras such as refreshment bars stocked with gourmet brand name snacks and signature waffle terry robes.
For relaxing, there is a very pretty elevated terrace with a small outdoor pool, tables and tent-covered seating areas and a fire pit. The restaurant Andaz 22 Square serves breakfast and dinner, with a menu that highlights Lowcountry flavors prepared with fresh local ingredients. There is also an inviting lobby level Lounge.
Hyatt Regency Savannah
- Located on the historic Savannah riverfront, actually spanning over River Street, Hyatt Regency Savannah is a large 351-room full-service hotel. Built in the early 1980s, this hotel features an expansive interior atrium typical of many Hyatt hotels with guest rooms designed to have atrium, city or river views. The river view guest rooms at the Hyatt offer exceptional views of the Savannah River, making them some of the most desirable in the city. The large, big-box style of the hotel exterior does contrast in an intrusive way on the historic waterfront, causing quite a bit of local controversy when the hotel was built. Although this subject may still today elicit a sigh or an eye-roll from many Savannah residents and some visitors, the Hyatt Regency Savannah continues to be a top choice among visitors, many returning over and over.
The location is ideal for anyone hoping to accomplish a lot of sightseeing or for those who wish to be in the heart of the action. The guest rooms are spacious and comfortable and the hotel restaurant, lounge and lounge patio and ballroom offer stunning river views. A few other highlights include an indoor heated pool, convenient Kiosk check-in, on-site guest services tour desk, over 30,000 square-feet of function space and a private 400-foot floating dock.
More Savannah, Georgia Hotels
Savannah is also home to an amazing collection of charming and historic small inns and bed-and-breakfast accommodations: Information about Savannah Small Inns and B&B's - Shop Direct
Savannah, Georgia Travel Planning Basics
- Savannah - Hilton Head International Airport Information
- Mileage and Estimated Driving Time to Savannah
- Typical Month-by-Month Savannah Weather
- Savannah Attractions and Tours